LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HP DV6700 with GeForce 7150M / 630 M

Guest Leima

Guest Leima

I have windows XP on my computer and have looked in the 7XXX section but the recomended drivers do not list the 7150 M as a supported card so I was wondering if anyone has the same card with windows XP and knows what driver works with it

tnx in advance

If your device isn't listed u just need to dl the modded inf and replace the original one with it. I would go 175.95. You can dl here

Just make sure to dl modded inf and replace original. And my bro has the same exact laptop and this driver works well for him :)

Just be glad you are running XP and not Vista. The GF71x0M is known for its horrible Aero performance!

Guest Guest

It did have vista but I changed to XP actually, I'm going to try the driver you suggested right now AV tnx.

One quick question, kinda noobish, is this card able to run a game like oblivion with a good resolution?

I personally don't game much, if at all(work,kid,wife!), but I wouldn't count on it. Maybe at lower res(1024x768) and low-mid settings u might get acceptable frames.

1 thing to note about ur card is that u have HD/H.264 acceleration. So if ur a movie buff, u can play just about any kind of video perfectly.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by AV Logistics

• 4 weeks later...

This card should be able to run oblivion on low settings I had a desktop with a worse video card than this one and it ran it on low settings, I just bought this system and am going to try oblivion on it because I imagine it will run better