LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Modifying Threshold Temps on nVidia Driver

Kaaji1359

So I've been trying to modify the threshold temp's in the BIOS to prevent GPU underclocking of my 8600M GT card, but unfortunately in the NiBiTor it's greyed out. So... I'm assuming that the nVidia driver overwrites what the BIOS has (correct me if I'm wrong).

So... does anyone know how to modify the threshold temperatures set by the nVidia drivers??

Thanks

You do not want to change the thermal threshold on your card. If your card is underclocking, that means that is preventing damage to itself. If you take the thermal-cap off, then it might burn.

No, I've done a ton of research on the subject as it's been affecting my laptop ever since I got it 2 months ago.

Dell set the threstshold way too low for the temperature so as to avoid dishing out money for the 84/8600 GT cards.

Mine never even got to 80C before it underclocked, and 8600 has been tested to 110C (but it's best to not go over 90C).

I at least wanna change it to 85C.