LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Control Panel - Missing Options?

travy92

Laptop Model: HP Pavillion dv6000

Graphics Driver: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400

Driver Date: 27/02/2007

Driver Version: 7.15.10.9815 (98.15)

ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D8&SUBSYS_30BB103C&REV_A1 (I think?)

SMBIOS Version: 2.4

No Windows Vista Service Pack installed.

RAM: 1gb

Hello, well after reformatting my laptop I opened the NV CP and there were missing options?!

Like in the "Display" area I don't see "DPI Scaling" and "Change Resolution". Is this because my options are not set properly?

Before i reformatted my laptop, i could see these options fine.

If anyone could help it would be great.

Thankyou. :)

This is a ridiculously old driver. You should update to the latest drivers available from this site (177.79). This may fix your problem. I would also recommend installing Service Pack 1, because it brings a number of improvements including improvements in graphical performance.

This is a ridiculously old driver. You should update to the latest drivers available from this site (177.79). This may fix your problem. I would also recommend installing Service Pack 1, because it brings a number of improvements including improvements in graphical performance.

LOL. Sorry I didn't know. Also could you please direct me to the right one to download? I'm not sure which one it is.. Because there are lots and I don't want to risk damaging my laptop.

Yeah, I installed Windows Vista SP1 today :) .

EDIT - One more thing:

Instead of getting the 177.79 version is it possible to get the 158.45 one?

Because in this thread: HERE

people voted that the 158.45 version was the best.

Thankyou.

Edited by travy92

LOL. Sorry I didn't know. Also could you please direct me to the right one to download? I'm not sure which one it is.. Because there are lots and I don't want to risk damaging my laptop.

Yeah, I installed Windows Vista SP1 today :) .

EDIT - One more thing:

Instead of getting the 177.79 version is it possible to get the 158.45 one?

Because in this thread: HERE

people voted that the 158.45 version was the best.

Thankyou.

That driver is a year old. It might be a stable driver but won't have the same options as the newer ones.

That driver is a year old. It might be a stable driver but won't have the same options as the newer ones.

Oh, thanks. Could you please direct me to the areas in which i could download the new drivers?

That fit my laptop.

Thanks.

EDIT - I found this: HERE Is this it?

I can't seem to find my original INF number in the list there?

Does that mean I need the 'modded INF'?

Any risks?

Edited by travy92

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=88

Modded inf, is a inf updated, by Pieter, that alway almost every nvidia mobile card install current drivers.

The 175.53 is a newer HP release but you will still have to use the modded inf. Any driver should work with the modded inf. Every driver performs differently on each system.

There is always a risk since every driver truely isn't for every machine, but you can recover from any bad driver with a new one.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showforum=88

Modded inf, is a inf updated, by Pieter, that alway almost every nvidia mobile card install current drivers.

The 175.53 is a newer HP release but you will still have to use the modded inf. Any driver should work with the modded inf. Every driver performs differently on each system.

There is always a risk since every driver truely isn't for every machine, but you can recover from any bad driver with a new one.

The 175.53? I thought I was meant to get the 177.something one?

177.79 is the newest driver available. You could try that one also. I have better performance with the 177 series than the 175 series. Performace very on every card and machine.

177.79 is the newest driver available. You could try that one also. I have better performance with the 177 series than the 175 series. Performace very on every card and machine.

Ok so just say i wanted to get this one: HERE.

Would i need to download the INF along with the driver at the top of the page since my "INF" isn't on the list?

Also why does it have the option of "Click Here to Check and Download for the latest nVIDIA ForceWare X 175 Driver".. <-- Do I need this?

P.S - Is driver version and forceware version the same thing?

Thanks.

Edited by travy92

Ok so just say i wanted to get this one: HERE.

Would i need to download the INF along with the driver at the top of the page since my "INF" isn't on the list?

Also why does it have the option of "Click Here to Check and Download for the latest nVIDIA ForceWare X 175 Driver".. <-- Do I need this?

P.S - Is driver version and forceware version the same thing?

Thanks.

1. you got it

2. http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=18926

3. yes

Thankyou so much!

I greatly appreciate your help.

I'll be downloading the 175.53 driver first install it and test it, then the 177.79 to compare and see which one is better.

Once again, thanks.