LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Various Errors, Need Help

Khomeini

I recently bought my laptop, a Sager NP5793, with a 2.4 Core 2 Duo processor, 4GB of RAM, Windows Vista Home Premium, and a GeForce 8700 GT -- and I have NEVER had such a hard time getting games to work. At first I thought it was just because Age of Conan is a buggy game. I would have a stutter, and a crash. Then that carried over to Warhammer Age of Reckoning. Then Team Fortress 2 would occasionally bug out at the load screen and require a restart. Now City of Heroes has a driver fail error.

I have downloaded atleast six different drivers from the site and still have these problems. My old piece of s*** computer, with a GeForce 6600 never gave me half the problems this new gaming machine is--and for the life of me I can't figure out why. What am I doing wrong? What other solutions are there? These problems happen too much to just be coincidence. I just want to be able to play a game without so many hassles.