LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Laptop too hot while gaming? Dell XPS M1530

kinginthahood

Guest Guest

Wich CPU u had before? same model? im gonna change the same ur changing, but as u can see i have a shutdown prob at 90°, it ive done research and seems like this cpu overheats pretty much, also it cant stand that temp, max is 85° as i can see on intel site...

What are ur FPS on the games u have, i wanna make a comparison from an OC card and one without, as i have to OC via rivatuner cuz nvidia prog. isnt working 4 me, ive tried to OC to 680-700 on core clock, and 930 on memory, ive got like 15-20 fps more on fear 2 on highest settings and resolution (32-52 fps), but i my lappy cant stand this temps on OC, so i cant do it right now, thx 4 ur help bro :) .

PS: DRIVER 182.05 FROM DOX´s IS THE "BEST" OF ALL HIS DRIVERS, CHECK IT OUT AND U TELL ME IF IM WRONG :) .

• 4 months later...

Just like everyone here i have the same problam with my Dell

the graphics card topped out at 108°C and the proccer also was 99°C

and even sometimes when i play games like cod 4,prototype,gta 4 my system will just

shut down for no reason!!!!!

Its a very big PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i guess you have to open your notebook and clean it carefully.

i had heatprobs too, about 99°

after i cleaned it temps never go over 72°

I had 90+ CPU temps and 100+ GPU Temps just while surfing the web, not even gaming. so I took my cpu heatsick and fan all apart and cleaned the fins on the heatsink and fan to perfection...guess what? 35-45c while surfing the web and 65c while playing Fallout 3 (1680x1050) maxed out. mind you my frames were about 15fps, but i dumb the graphics down for real gameplay. just clean out your laptop and go play games. also, make sure you have your BIOS updated to A12!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah im getting this same issue too, iv had this xps m1530 for just over a year now, i dont know too much about computers at all but just recently my laptops started overheating and shutting down whilst gaming using java , so i downloaded the HWmonitor, il be phoning up dell support about the issue and seewhat they can do, hopefully theyl solve it and send me a new part for it.

• 3 months later...
Guest neoman

Guys I have the same problem my XPS hits 106 C while gaming but it never shut down. And from time to time I witnessed the chipset was more then 150 C. I used HW monitor, I don't know maybe it is a problem of this programme. But laptop was really hot, I could not touch under of it and since I was afraid of its burning literally I shut it down myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shreddiq

have the Dell xps 1730 and nothing compared to the smaller cases. Try the Asus G51, Now that seems unusually too hot. i am using blue Ice sheets under it, covered of course. Thanks for the thread and those letting us know its ok to run hot.