LaptopVideo2Go Forums

please help, my VGN-FS18CP sound driver needed !

full depth

please i really need help here. i recently upgraded my system from Xp to Vista business but after that the sound was pooooffff....noting coming out, absolutely blank !!.the driver seems installed and when a sound is being played, it plays smoothly but the sound just doesnt come out....right now im freaking out and my head seems to be blowin as i have had a chat with sony online service ananlyst but they said the dont have any help for me.

My system is a Sony VIAO VGN-FS18CP laptop...

please anyone with help ??

After a quick search on Google, I was not able to turn up data on what type of sound chip is installed in your laptop. If you post the Vendor and Device IDs, as can be viewed in the Properties window of the Device Manager. Just open the Device Manager, double click your Sound Chip, then select the Details tab. In the Property drop-down box, select Hardware IDs and post the data you see there.

micheal, i was so frustrated i took it back to XP but the same stuff...NO SOUND !!

this is what i got from what you asked:

MS_MMDRV

but if u can guarantee me that it would work if i upgrade it to VISTA back, i could do just that and also give u the details of what i see....what do u say micheal?

Edited by full depth

If I know the Vendor and Device IDs of your soundcard, I can tell you what your soundcard's manufacturer is, and then hopefully help you find a driver. The Vendor and Device IDs should be in the format of: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228 (These are the numbers for the SigmaTel audio chip in my PC.)

Is it possible that you don"t have Service Pack 3 installed? It comes with HD audio support. Afterwards you should be able to tell the DEV_ID of the device.

If I know the Vendor and Device IDs of your soundcard, I can tell you what your soundcard's manufacturer is, and then hopefully help you find a driver. The Vendor and Device IDs should be in the format of: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_10280228 (These are the numbers for the SigmaTel audio chip in my PC.)

ok micheal i got it back to Vista Business and this what i could get from ur demands

First its a HIGH DEFINATION AUDIO DEVICE and this is the details:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0260&SUBSYS_104D0000&REV_1003

and there's anotheror perhaps the continuation,i dont really knw but its underneath it:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0260&SUBSYS_104D0000

Looks the same though....

please help me micheal, thanks in anticipation

thanks mike and all who tried to help me, i simply had to improvise by using an external sound card(usb sound card with Audio Jack output) and it worked. though i just haveto use a Headset.

thanks all.