LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9500GS and Display Problems

Whitedragon551

When I play BF2 I get black blotches on the screen some times. I OCed my card and I actually set it back to defaults because I didnt want to fry my laptop. The specs are C2D T9300 2.5Ghz processor with 6Mb L2 cache, 250Gb 5400.4 Seagate Momentus HD with 8Mb cache, 9500M GS 512Mb video card. Its an Asus M50SV-A1 laptop. I was using the latest Forceware v177.92 or something like that and Im reverting to v177.72 to see if that helps. Any other ideas?

Try some older drivers as they should work (169.04).

Are those compatible with the 9500GS? I know the 9500GS is fairly new and the black blotches didnt appear until the latest 177.92 patch.

It should (provided you use the modded inf.)

I went back to the 177.72 and all is good now. I was going to install coolbits for my NVIDIA control panel, but for some reason it doesnt enable anything. I was forced to install nTune.

Coolbits is from XP time. You can get it to pop up also on Vista when the old Control Panel is taken into use. But Coolbits does nothing there, no settings can be changed (at least when I tried).

Ok I thought it was something like that. I dont want the old CP. Its ugly and useless. Ill just stick to nTune. I have enough room on my laptop HD. Thanks for all the help.

I gamed for a bit tonight. I got the blotches back. I only noticed them on 1 certain level and not the others. Maybe its the game installation. Ill reinstall and report back.