LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Asus M50SV-A1 Gaming Temps

Whitedragon551

When playing BF2 my GPU temp hits about 65C, my CPU hits about 60C, and my HD stays right around 38C. I was wondering if that is to hot. Thats after hours and hours and with a laptop cooler. I had originally OCed my 9500GS to 500Mhz Core Clock, 1000Mhz Shader Clock, and 425Mhz Memory Clock. I havent played an GPU intensive games yet, but Im curious as to what the max temp I should look for with my system specs and laptop model.

My specs are:

NVIDIA 9500GS 512Mb

Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz 6Mb L2 cache

Seagate Momentus 5400.4 8Mb Cache HD

3Gbs of RAM with 4-4-4-15 timings

Laptop Model:

Asus M50SV-A1

I also have a Zither laptop cooler.

Edited by Tyler

I have the G50Vm - A1.

Thats with the 9700M GT. It runs about 80c with a laptop cooler.

Is it the same case? I would assume if it is I could hit 80C and still be stable. Im wondering what the max temp is I should look for. I have Crysis and Bioshock and Im going to give them a try. I know those are some pretty demanding games.

Those Temps are fine.

Anything >90C is bad

Those Temps are fine.

Anything >90C is bad

I agree with Bades. I had the 8600M GT and it would hit 100c. Thats actually the reason I got a new laptop.

I run Crysis at 1280 x 768 with Medium settings and get from 35-50 FPS.

Its pretty playable at that speed but you know its not the best performance and the 9500M GS will be slower of course.

Was your 8600GT in a desktop or a laptop? Out of the laptop versions the 9500GS is better than the 8600GT. They have the exact same specs, but the 9500GS was made on a smaller die and it runs cooler which is essential in a laptop.

Was your 8600GT in a desktop or a laptop? Out of the laptop versions the 9500GS is better than the 8600GT. They have the exact same specs, but the 9500GS was made on a smaller die and it runs cooler which is essential in a laptop.

It was in a laptop. But my performance is from a 9700M GT 512 GDDR3, if you saw my information you would know that.

Ah in your post you started off by mentioning the 8600GT and then proceeded to say the 9500GS would be slower.