Improve 8600m gs Windows performance

jonesytv

I have an Asus V2S B-1

2.4 processor

2gb RAm

200 GB 7200 hd

8600m GS 256

My windows score is 3.4

Everything is scoring above 5, except my video card...

Is there a driver that will crank that score up?

Thanks...

Mark

overclocking should help up the score a little but dont expect anything drastic...

there is a big problem,regarding play Counter-Strike on line gaming, but the running character /rule running is very slow..it seems that Nvidia 8600M GS Garphic performance is not good & smoothly.Actually I'm not sure what's problem & how to solve it to improve playing game smoothly. If there is update driver solution available to improve 8600MGS VGA! on the other hand, I had tried to overclock by RivaTuner utility, but it still not useful & working.>"<

My Laptop product is XP OS , not Vista...OS name Microsoft Windows XP Professional edition , with 2GB ram ..

if there is any link address , that great to me & so appreciate!

thanks!

your 8600 can run cs on full without a hitch so it is not a hardware problem. This is a driver problem that is only going to go away by changing your driver. Good luck!

who can help for me, let me know or release link address to me. which version driver solution is useful to my Nvidia 8600M GS.

Thanks much!

located here

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=19800

remember to download driver AND the modified inf file. Read the FAQ if you are unsure how to install using the modified inf file.

I downloaded and installed...

My score went from 3.4 to 3.5.

What can I do to get this score higher?

I must have tried 10 different drivers.

Thanks for everyone's response and help...

hmmm would have though .3 points for sure. umm try 174.74 its older, but may have better shader 2.0 support. also, you may want to overclock.

• 1 month later...

You can edit to to read 9.9 or whatever damn number you want. But thats not gonna change performance. = /

• 2 weeks later...

WEI scores are not exactly the best benchmark. So different users will sometimes get different results with similar hardware. Usually its nothing to worry about.