LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows Index Score for gaming graphix dropped

kazi_saki

HPtx1308nr

Vista 32bit Home Premium

Geforce go6150

2.5 ddr2ram

AMD Turion 64x2 1.9ghz

From a base 3.0 it dropped to a 2.4 on the gaming graphics index.

That's really weird. I didn't notice any increase or decrease in performance.

I also used Whitetiger's customized inf for HP.

My question is does the Windows experience index actually matter?????

not at all

:)

Edited by jtrot1000

It most certainly does. There are some games that check the Vista rating level before they install. If the scores arent at what the game is programmed for it wont install at all and it will let you know.

But the WEI Gaming Graphics index does not necessarily reflect the performance of the card? So if it dropped from 3.0 to 2.4, it wouldn't matter performance-wise?

Right, but it will affect what games you can play. Not that your going to play any great games with a 6150.

lol. that's ok then. But i WAS expecting the 6150 to play at least Guild Wars on 1280 x 800 which it can't unless u like 10-15fps at almost low settings :)

As an off-topic and last question, would one of these drivers actually, really be my holy grail or saving grace so I can play it at least on 1280 x 800 because my friend has an intel 950 (something close to that but not 3000 series) and he can play it on almost max (or even max) settings :) . It just buggers me man.

dont worry too much... i have a 8600M GT and it dropped one day by .3 for no reason but i saw no performance decrease...

and if you ever come tot he day where you cant install a game, i remember reading several guides on the web on how to hack those scores to 5.0's, so just look around... hahaha

My RAM fluctuates, between 4.7 (with a clean OS) to 5.4 after a couple of weeks... The lowest I have is 5.3 (CPU).

ok. thanx guys for the responses. I guess I shouldn't really care much about the WEI then :)