LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Having alot of problems with gaming (Assasin's Creed) with my Vaio VGN-FZ27G [8400M GT]

stanleywops

hey guys... i really need some help... i haven't been playing games recently.. it seems that my video card cant support any of it.. i've been updating my drivers from 17X to 16x, none of them are working.. for example i tried assassin's creed.. it says" assassin's creed stopped working"

and for hellgate london, it says running out of address space, causing in stability problem.. PLS GUYS, i really need your help.. many thanks to you all! i'm having a nvidia geforce 8400gt.

Non of you guys can help me? please guys... your help will be much appreciated... my life depends on you all.. pls guide me!!!

Well, it's not the best graphics card available... But at least it should run the games.

It sounds to me as if for some reason your DirectX installation got corrupted. Try going to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en and download the latest version. You have a VAIO FZ, so you'll have an original Vista Home Premium installed which should give you no problems with the validation process.

If that doesn't work maybe some application running in the background is doing something there. Make sure you only have the most necessary programs running before starting the game.

Take into account however that Assassin's Creed will run really bad on the 8400M GT. You won't be able to use anything other than LOWEST graphic options which looks quite horrible, as if it was an old bad quality original Xbox game. And even then, your laptop will struggle when showing many buildings in the distance.

I have the 8600M GS right now (until tomorrow when my new VAIO FW arrives) and it can run on Medium ONLY when I don't go to the rooftops, showing many buildings far away, which slows it down to a slideshow. Oh, and there are resolution problems with the game: somehow resolutions that are not widescreen will show two black lines in the top and bottom of the screen.

Hope all of this helps.