LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best NFSU2 gaming driver for GeForce 7150M/nForce 630M?

zoga08

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I bought a HP Pavilion dv6810us, with the graphic adapter of the topic. I already try the drivers on the HP website, but the best driver that I found until now, was the 158.45. But I think this GeForce could be more faster. Because I'm trying to play NFSU2, and I cannot play with full graphics. Anyone can help me?

Any help will be grantfull.

Thanks for joining us Zoga, welcome to the site. You've forgotten to mention a few things in your side panel. We would need to know what OS you're running -- probably Vista.

If you are running Vista, you can forget running any 2D (Let alone 3D) graphics smoothly with this graphics card. It is infamously slow in Vista, even slower than the Intel X3100 in most cases. I recommend that in order for you to get the most performance possible out of your card that you install XP.

You are using the best gaming drivers (158.45). They are the bwst for your card if you don't want to downgrade to xp.

You are using the best gaming drivers (158.45). They are the bwst for your card if you don't want to downgrade to xp.

You must mean "upgrade" to XP?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys. So, I formated my note, and install XP on it.

Now i'm using the latest driver for XP that I found here, in the main page. But i think it slow it, this weekend, i'll format my note again, because the version of XP seems a little instable.

What driver for XP, i've to use? the better for gamming .. x]

see ya..

You must mean "upgrade" to XP?

My mistake!

NFSU2 runs very weird on Vista. My 8400M GS can max that game out, but once every 15 seconds or so the framerate would stutter like clockwork. It left the game unplayable for me, especially during races. I was really disappointed, too.

And that is with a specific driver?

Other drivers shouldn't get this problem as I am able to max out this game on my mere 7000m with the 174.74 drivers and some others. Some drivers just have issues with some games.

Hmm, I never thought about it like that. I guess I should try it again. :)

GRiD runs very well on my system, so I might just buy that.

Lucky you.