LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Advice for my aging GeForce 440 Go 64mb - Inspirion 8200

Hello all.

Well, I keep getting a download update from Windows Update wanting to install the driver: NVIDIA Display Driver Version 4.2.5.8

I am sure it will be fine and stable, but what I am really looking for is the best driver for performance on my old GeForce 440go. It is a 64mb card running BIOS: 4.17.99.55.C2

Reading around, it seems that Detinator 44.68 mgiht be the one to go with for nice speed and stability. But then... I thought it would be best just to ask the experts here who are truly in the know.

Advice?

Thanks in advance!

look here for performance: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/ohau-esta...e/Detonator.htm

try the one you like and if it works be happy. If the one you choose doesn't work try your second prefereed one, for example you like the 53.03 but it doesn't work, take the 44.68 driver.

Happy updating...