LaptopVideo2Go Forums

CRYSIS STARTS IN WINDOWED MODE EVERYTIME (VISTA)

whiteashcm1

:) MY PROBLEM IS EVERYTIME I START THE GAME IT GOES INTO A WINDOWED MODE.. I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM "FRESH INSTALL" WITH LAPTOPVIDEO2GO 177.41 DRIVER W/MODDED INF AND CRYSIS PATCH 1.2.. HAS ANYONE HAVE OR HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE A FIX FOR IT??? I START CRYSIS IT OPENS UP IN WINDOWED MODE AND I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE FULL SCREEN BUTTON AND APPLY IT EVERYTIME... WHEN I SHUT THE GAME DOWN AND IMMEDIATELY RESTART IT STARTS IN WINDOWED MODE AND I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE FULL SCREEN BUTTON AND APPLY.. I HAVE A XPS M1730 AND THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY.. I HAVE ANOTHER HDD WITH WINXPPRO SP2 AND CRYSIS STARTS IN FULLSCREEN MODE ALL THE TIME.. I TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE ON OTHER FORUMS WHO ARE USING VISTA HOME PREMIUM AND HAVE M1730'S WHO DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM WITH VISTA???????????? I HAVE TRIED VARIOUS VIDEO DRIVERS, ALL WITH THE SAME RESULTS...

Edited by whiteashcm1

Guest XPS Everything

OK, I made a link to the .exe file in program files to the desktop and used it to start the game and set it to full screen, reused the link to open it again an it went to full screen. Try that and see if it works for you.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the best way to fix it is to backup your save games and reinstall crysis.

I had the same problem in vista.

I fixed it by playing in Dx9 mode.

Click start--> Games --> right click crysis and choose play in Dx9

or righclick the shortcut to crysis and in the taget box add -dx9 and save

when you double click the shortcut icon it will play in dx9 mode

Do you have any idea why it does that though?

:) MY PROBLEM IS EVERYTIME I START THE GAME IT GOES INTO A WINDOWED MODE.. I AM USING WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM "FRESH INSTALL" WITH LAPTOPVIDEO2GO 177.41 DRIVER W/MODDED INF AND CRYSIS PATCH 1.2.. HAS ANYONE HAVE OR HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE A FIX FOR IT??? I START CRYSIS IT OPENS UP IN WINDOWED MODE AND I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE FULL SCREEN BUTTON AND APPLY IT EVERYTIME... WHEN I SHUT THE GAME DOWN AND IMMEDIATELY RESTART IT STARTS IN WINDOWED MODE AND I HAVE TO CLICK ON THE FULL SCREEN BUTTON AND APPLY.. I HAVE A XPS M1730 AND THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY.. I HAVE ANOTHER HDD WITH WINXPPRO SP2 AND CRYSIS STARTS IN FULLSCREEN MODE ALL THE TIME.. I TALK TO OTHER PEOPLE ON OTHER FORUMS WHO ARE USING VISTA HOME PREMIUM AND HAVE M1730'S WHO DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM.. DOES ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THIS PROBLEM WITH VISTA???????????? I HAVE TRIED VARIOUS VIDEO DRIVERS, ALL WITH THE SAME RESULTS...

i had same problem with vista and crysis but i sort it out by switching off all other applications from quick start bar( messenger,google mail etc.) after that when i start game its always go full screen.