LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS problem

chawquiquou

Hi,

It seems to me there are some thing of not normal in the informations! I need some informations plz!

I have a laptop hp pavilion dv6885ek with a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS as graphic card,Os=vista home premium

So, the gpu clock is 400mhz and memory clock is 400mhz.But the tool gpu-z (sensors)indicates that gpu clock=169mhz and memory clock=100Mhz and temperature=59.0°C!is it normal!!!! is that mean there are a problem with the card?!

I use the driver v 169.04.

Plz I need help.

thanks

post-28319-1218463016_thumb.gif

post-28319-1218463030_thumb.gif

This is perfectly normal. PowerMizer throttles your card down when it is not rendering 3D in order to help save power. In fact, you should feel lucky that it works properly for you! Many people have problems, such as down-throttling in games or (like me) audio skipping when the GPU changes clock speed.

This is perfectly normal. PowerMizer throttles your card down when it is not rendering 3D in order to help save power. In fact, you should feel lucky that it works properly for you! Many people have problems, such as down-throttling in games or (like me) audio skipping when the GPU changes clock speed.

Thank you for your replay.

But, I had the problem on my Vista Laptop: "Display Driver has stopped and been restarted", I was getting mad about having my screen freeze for a second and do that every once in awhile and every time I have to restart the laptop :-(.

I can't even play games like trackmania or fifa 07 and 08!

any explications?

thanks

Edited by chawquiquou

Ah. The infamous TDR. Just update your driver. This will probably help.

Ah. The infamous TDR. Just update your driver. This will probably help.

Thanks for your replay but what do you mean by "The infamous TDR",I hope to know more about.

I use the driver v169.04 of laptopvideo2go,which release do you advise me?

Thanks