LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Geforce 8200M G

Guest Adachi

Guest Adachi

Well, I'm planning to buy a Compaq Presario CQ50 Laptop, was wondering if it could play CSS?

AMD Athlon X2 QL-60 Dual-Core 1.9 GHz

2GB DDR2 SDRAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M

Up to 895MB Graphics Memory

Would this be able to play CSS? And is the NVIDIA Geforce 8200M G better than an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100? It's rated as Class 3 on notebookcheck.net and X3100 is rated as Class 5.

This card should be quite a bit better than the Intel X3100. The last generation, however, the 7150m, was not.

hi..Iam havin one Compaq CQ5O laptop which comes with a Geforce Go 8200m gfx card..Iam using the driver supplied by the manufacturer..o installed GPU-Z today and saw tht the temp is 83 C after 1 hour gaming and the memory clock is 400Mhz and core clock is 0Mhz..pLZ say whether everything is ok or nt

Edited by Ajith

The clock is obviously wrong :) ! The temperature seems somewhat, but not dangerously, high. My 8600m GT gets only up to 73 Celsius with 600/1200/450 OC.

• 4 months later...
Guest Alfa Romeo
The clock is obviously wrong :) ! The temperature seems somewhat, but not dangerously, high. My 8600m GT gets only up to 73 Celsius with 600/1200/450 OC.

yo i have a 8800gts and it only gets up to like 58 or 59 celcius, but thats my main gaming rig, i laso have a laptop that is running css on a ati radeon x1250 with 128 mb and it gets up to like 57 or 56 :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ivan-guest

I am thinking about getting a Compaq Presario CQ60-210US, which has a 8200M in it. Do you think it would be able to play Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and the like?

• 3 months later...
Guest manbearpig

I am thinking about getting a Systemax Medallion NVM 17" WXGA built to order laptop, will this play WoW and have over 15 FPS during graphic intensive fights (Firefighter for those who know what that means).

Intel Pentium Dual Core T4200 2.0GHz 1M Processor

2GB PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2GB x 1)

nVidia GeForce 8200M G (up to 256MB Video RAM)

• 1 month later...
Guest vinit arey

Well, I'm planning to buy a Compaq Presario CQ50 Laptop, was wondering if it could play CSS?

AMD Athlon X2 QL-60 Dual-Core 1.9 GHz

2GB DDR2 SDRAM

NVIDIA GeForce 8200M

Up to 895MB Graphics Memory

Would this be able to play CSS? And is the NVIDIA Geforce 8200M G better than an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100? It's rated as Class 3 on notebookcheck.net and X3100 is rated as Class 5.

all latest games works on this configration with some setting adjusment like xmenwolverin,transformers2,gta5..checked

• 1 month later...

Most of your Notebooks with at least a 2Ghz processor, and Nvidia Geforce 8200M G-card will get the job done. Mine runs fine while i play games like WOW, and other graphically high Mmorpgs. Just remember to keep it cool i would have a fan stand like mentioned before. but so far no lag for me, but i dont push the graphic settings to there fullest either. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest i have 1 of those

hello there , i have a nvidia 8200m g ... and it is very fast , not the fastest ... but its fast ... i have a asus core2duo 2gb , 2b of ram with tht gfx card ... i can play left 4 dead on medium , at bout 30 - 40 fps ... and css playes at 43 - 62 ... and handles most of todays latest game ... and also handles crysis warhead (with the latest drivers) on a mix of very high and medium settings ... at a minimum of 19 fps ... i personally reccomend u get this computer or gfx card ... cause it works greaat ! :)

• 2 weeks later...

No graphically demanding games.

hello there , i have a nvidia 8200m g ... and it is very fast , not the fastest ... but its fast ... i have a asus core2duo 2gb , 2b of ram with tht gfx card ... i can play left 4 dead on medium , at bout 30 - 40 fps ... and css playes at 43 - 62 ... and handles most of todays latest game ... and also handles crysis warhead (with the latest drivers) on a mix of very high and medium settings ... at a minimum of 19 fps ... i personally reccomend u get this computer or gfx card ... cause it works greaat ! :)

Seriously??? dang that well huh? lol i was looking at buying that game for my laptop, i heard you get sooo much more fps on warhead than the original crysis. but jesus i didnt know that much better XD. if its that good hell yeah im buyin warhead now. for a low cost laptop its got a pretty damn good card.

i wish someone would make a youtube video on how well it runs.

• 1 month later...

I am terribly late to this party (so to speak), but i figured i'd put my own input into the 8200M G.

I have owned a Compaq CQ50-106CA for over a year now and it has:

-AMD Turion X2 RM-70/ 2Ghz, performance rated at 3Ghz (Doubt it means that LOL)

-3GB DDR2 PC2-5300 SDRAM

-8200M G/ 256MB VRAM/1024 Shared/ 16 unified SM4.0 support

I've got these games running on it:

-Oblivion- took alot of tweaking but average 17-40 FPS (800x600-No AA, distant everything, grass on,etc) It does cause my comp to heat up pretty good though.

-Doom 3- Runs easily at almost all settings (i usually run 800x600 just because it allows me to use full effects without any slowdown)

-Half Life 2 Series- I can run HL2 and episode 1 at full everything , highest available res.(45FPS average) Ep.2 i have to run the res down but still good

-Call of Duty 2- Runs everything med to high for the most part

-FEAR- Has some difficulties with advanced light/high res/high shaders but overall can be run with good looks and fairly good FPS

Out of curiosity, i found Crysis to run very unsatisfactory. It averaged 17-25 FPS during the tests with mostly low settings. I knew it wasn't gonna work too well but i had to try it.

Overall, for it's architecture, it's a decent card. It doesn't like high resolutions, AA at anything over 2X (minus older stuff), Heavy shader effects in any game 06+. Games made in 05 can be played but not all of them very great. Prior to that you will have enough power to handle most any game. I would advise to have a good CPU, plenty of RAM and keep your laptop cool (HP & CPQ computers especially) i have a fairly powerful fan stand, without it i'd only be able to play most games for an hour or less.

• 11 months later...