• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drekko

• Whitedragon551

• Puffer

• mobilenvidia

I tested this with 3DMark06, and I was disappointed with the results. I scored 20 points low than 177.73.

nVidia must be doing something weird with their newer drivers. Same thing happened with 177.79 (except it was 30 and not 20).

I'm going back to 177.73.

Grrrrrrr, nVidia are toying with me and their INFs.

Their INF by the looks of it will not work with international drivers.

I've modded the INF for both x86 and x64 Vista versions.

It should now install.

It' all to do how/where the international files get installed and these latest 177's do it differently and to me incorrectly.

Wonder if Microsoft tested these with international Vista ?

I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't test any new drivers that come out.

Right now, out of 5 different laptops I've installed the drivers on all with Vista.

2 installed fine with CP with the original inf that was on before you updated mobile.

2 installed fine with CP using the INF that I modified.

and 1 didn't want to install the drivers for nothing.

I think the problem comes from the differen't versions of Vista.

Cause the first 2 laptops that installed fine with original INF, have Vista Ultimate.

While the other 2 had Vista Home Premium.

The 1 that refused to install the drivers has Home Basic.

Vista is just utter nonsense.

I think its the user. Ive never had a problem on either of my Vista laptops ever.

I use Vista and it works just fine for me.

I use Vista and it works just fine for me.

Same for me.

Vista is incredibly stable and I haven't experienced a single BSOD on my laptop.

Me neither. Most of the time the people who complain it doesnt work barely meet the requirements to run it. Obviously its not going to work.

It would definitely appear that physx is definitely not included with the driver package. However you can install physx with a seperate exe provided from nvidia.

I'm running these drivers on a dell xps with a 8600m gt and physx is activated with it, but performance is horrid. Would advise against running physics with graphics on anything less than a 8800 card desktop version or laptop. My card is already overclocked with 700 core an 2100 memory there's simply not enough horsepower.

I NEED HELP!!!

When I tried to install the 177.83 drivers on my notebook (8700M GT SLI), then the drivers ask me to confirm installation.

After that the screen turns black and the notebook doesnt react anymore.

I used mobilenvidias modded inf and Vista Ultimate 32bit.

What should I do now?

Deinstall all drivers?

Or use the original or another inf?

Or reinstall old drivers?

Please help.

Thanks a lot

walujam

Edited by walujam

Did you properly uninstall your old driver? Safe mode, driver sweeper etc?

Guest greyfell

working great on my G1S-X1! this and 177.79 are the first drivers I've ever used (167.x, 169.x, 174.x) that have fixed the gray border problem when watching xvids in windows media player, and the UT3 physx levels are working perfectly. the only change i made was to disable powermizer while on AC power, as the downclocking was causing low FPS in aero. learned how to do it here: http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=261929

this is the most bug-free driver yet for my laptop. thanks!!!

(BTW this is my first post...been visiting lv2go since the beginning in 2003 when i had my toshiba satellite with a geforce 440 go :) )

I've scrolling problem like 177.79 :)

I still prefer 177.73 :)

I NEED HELP!!!

When I tried to install the 177.83 drivers on my notebook (8700M GT SLI), then the drivers ask me to confirm installation.

After that the screen turns black and the notebook doesnt react anymore.

I used mobilenvidias modded inf and Vista Ultimate 32bit.

What should I do now?

Deinstall all drivers?

Or use the original or another inf?

Or reinstall old drivers?

Please help.

Thanks a lot

walujam

Did you properly uninstall your old driver? Safe mode, driver sweeper etc?

No, I just installed the new driver over the old one. In the past this method worked fine, but now only a black screen.

Which inf is the best? Original, mobilenvidia or Drekko?

Hi

Installed 177.83 all went well until i opend cp, the screen froze and i had to hard reboot, after that it worked just fine... got one question though, were has all the preset program settings gone? In older driver there was a whole bunch of game presets in the "handle 3d settings" anyone who knows were they have all gone? my window is empty of presets, don't know if it was the same in 177.79

Great work lv2go.. love the new site aswell :)

Edited by infamy

It installed absolutely perfectly for me. Used the second modded .inf and CP is there still =] For the people with problems, make sure you uninstall the previous driver completely before hand...

Haven't benchmark'd yet but the temperature is much better for me than previous driver version. Awesome work.

However, I've read that a few people have been able to get PhysX with the driver but I don't have it. I'd like to know how it is possible to enable PhysX?

Thanks

A little slower than 177.79 and no CP with modified INF (w/o nvcod dll tweak). PhysX works.

A little slower than 177.79 and no CP with modified INF (w/o nvcod dll tweak). PhysX works.

Mind telling me how?? I can't get it

which inf should i use? the lv2g'inf or Drekko's inf ?

tried and red and blue are interchanged, so anything blue in the game is red and vice versa. It happens with most of drivers from laptopvideo2go :) and also the temperature of the GPU goes up to 90C ! any suggestions what might cause the colours to change and the temperature to go so high?

My machine is also overheating :/

Gonna deinstall.