LaptopVideo2Go Forums

regarding temperature of my 8200m

Ajith

hi..Iam havin one Compaq CQ5O laptop which comes with a Geforce Go 8200m gfx card..Iam using the driver supplied by the manufacturer..o installed GPU-Z today and saw tht the temp is 83 C after 1 hour gaming and the memory clock is 0Mhz and core clock is 400Mhz..pLZ say whether everything is ok or nt

Edited by Ajith

83 Oc isn?t a temperature that you necessarily need to be worried about.

Some systems run very hot, but are considered normal. Others run 60-70 and that?s normal for them.

What was the system running at before? Both gaming and idle?

83c is a normal temp that younshould not worry about. The 0mhz memory reading occurs because you have an integrated GPU and it takes memory from your ram. Therefore your clock values will be whatever your ram clock values are.

When i turn on my laptop in the morning the temp is 57C and after some 2 HR gamin it rises to 80s...And as i mentioned above nw iam using hp driver and previously i was using forceware 174.74 and i guess its a downgraded driver or sumthin coz it shows the core clock speed as 275mhz only and the temp is comparatively lower and i guess its a downgraded driver...So there is no need to worry right???

no i think thats fine. 174.74 is a pretty good driver, and will give you more heat than other WHQL/ laptop brand drivers.

Have you tried 177.79?

I think its even better than 174.74. you'll notice a jump in performance. Similar temp. range to the 174.74

Tried tht 177.79 drivers..but didnt gave the desired results...Then i tried 177.66,found to be a stable one..idle temp is just 55c now...And iam happy..Well whtz the normal idle temp of geforce m cards???

uhm my idle temps (but this varies on the computer, diffrent setup, different cooling system, and 8600M GT) idles around 56-64c...

and 82c is a very normal temp... my card during gaming goes anywhere from 86-89c, and peaks reach 93c... so dont be too worried.