LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Can I replace ATI Mobility Radeon X700?

kantona

Hello all. This might not be an MXM question but I hope someone can help.

I have seen some posts here which mention an X700 with MXM technology but I think mine isn't.

The laptop is Acer Ferrari 4005wmli and according to the picture of the motherboard in the service manual (I got it on the internet) it seems the ATI chip is directly on the motherboard. No connector, nothing.

The laptop stopped working and it seems this chip is dead (talked to an Acer service engineer). The motherboard is not in production any more and even Acer can not offer it (it seems).

Do I have any chance at all of finding just the chip as an end-user and replace it? I still haven't opened the laptop to read the chip info but what I found in documentation is ATI Mobility Radeon X700 M26-P (128MB dedicated memory).

So the bottom line is the question above, is there any chance for this chip to be found or should I just forget about the laptop? Any ideas/companies who deal this?

Thanks a lot for any help. Cheers.

I highly doubt it can be replaced. Sorry.