LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Native LCD Resolution Causes Panning

Guest ima9rd

Guest ima9rd

Laptop Make/Model: Alienware m17x - raid 0 120gbx2, 4gb ram which displays as 2gb

Graphics Card: 8700M x2

Operating System: Windows XP MCE 2005

I've installed the most recent driver on both Vista and XP MCE (I have set it up for dual boot). The Vista driver works just fine, and can display the native resolution (1680x1050), but after installing it on XP, my HDMI external monitor, a viewsonic vx2025wm, can only be ran at 1280x1024, anything higher causes the screen to stay at 1280x1024 and enables panning across the desktop. 1280x1024 is also very blurry due to the fact that it does not fit the aspect ratio of my monitor. Any help with getting my monitor to run its native resolution normally would be greatly appreciated.

What were you doing when it started working again?

Guest ima9rd
What were you doing when it started working again?

I have to go through a combination of uninstalling the driver for my laptop screen and switching the screen to display on back and forth. Random combinations of this usually fix it, until I restart.

Guest ima9rd
I have to go through a combination of uninstalling the driver for my laptop screen and switching the screen to display on back and forth. Random combinations of this usually fix it, until I restart.

I seem to have a lot of success with uninstalling the laptop display, reinstalling it, switching the display to it, unplugging my external, plugging it back in, and switching back to the external monitor. I would rather not have to do this every time I boot my computer though.