LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows XP Pro x64 Conexant HD SmartAudio 221 Driver Required.

Flowah

I have a Gateway P-7811FX, came with Vista64, I installed XP64 right away. Managed to find compatible drivers for Wireless, Lan, Chipset, Display, but not for the audio. I am fairly sure Conexant is the company. I'm am slightly less sure that the more specific driver is the Conexant HD SmartAudio 221. I managed to get to this point

88295068dn1.png

once, but even though it looks like the drivers are all installed, the sound never worked. Also, that's what I see whenever I update or rollback my MS UAA Bus driver for HD audio. But if I restart, then the Conexant HD Smart Audio 221 and NVIDIA HDMI audio disappear. They will reappear if I update/rollback MS UAA again. I uninstalled the drivers for the two because they weren't working, and now whenever I update/rollback MS UAA, they show up simply as Audio Device on High-Definition Audio Bus under "Other Devices" in Device Manager.

These are their ID's as best as I can tell.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10de&dev_0005&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1000\4&1E3EE8D7&0&0201

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&dev_5051&SUBSYS_107B0698&REV_1000\4%1E3EE8D7&0&0001

My recommendation would be to see if you could find any similar models that came with Windows XP. Often, the 64 and 32 bit drivers are distributed in the same package. By the way, if you can get sound working properly, you should like WinXP x64. In my opinion, it is the best Windows OS to date.

Unfortunately, no similar Gateway models have. I've checked even some non-similar ones, but they don't have compatible drivers.

I need this driver too! Got all the other drivers for XP x64 but can't find the audio driver anywhere. None of the other Conexant drivers seem to work either.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...