LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m GS

Linus412

Hello. I have a 8600m GS (512mb ddr2) and when i dwonlaod a driver it says its not compatible. Can someone plz give me a link to a driver for my card. thx alot

greets

Linus

Guest marksts
Hello. I have a 8600m GS (512mb ddr2) and when i dwonlaod a driver it says its not compatible. Can someone plz give me a link to a driver for my card. thx alot

greets

Linus

you also have to use a .inf file connected to the driver.

which ever driver you select... try this one

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/2-frequently-asked-questions4

you need to download the driver, and also the 'modified inf' file that is next to it. when you extract the driver to a folder, you need to copy the 'modified inf' file to that same folder. You will need to select yes when asked if you want to overwrite the existing file.

then run setup.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

first of all i'm new here, the second i had read the tutorial with the have-disc method but it doesnt work for me.

I have the same Graphic Card 8600M GS and downloaded the newest Driver (180.84) needed for GTA IV.

Then i copied the modded .inf in the folder where the driver is. Then Driverinstallation like in the tut....

I only get an Error: the system could'nt find the file.