LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9500m gs overclocking

aJam

Hello guys/ladies.

Does anyone has their 9500m overclocked in Acer Aspire 6920G with newer drivers than 169.04 (only this version lets to overclock) ? Also it downclocks when temp reaches 70c, does anyone know how to force it not to downclock or to set higher temperature limit?

Tried to turn off powermizer, no wins.

P.S. Sorry for bad english.

I have mine OCed with Riva Tuner. I have Core 500Mhz, Shader 1000Mhz, and Memory at 425Mhz. Its only a 25Mhz increase for each area. If you force it to apply settings at start up with RT then you shouldnt experience any downclocking. I dont on my Asus laptop. Im also using driver v177.89.

The problem is that, in other laptop models there is possible to overclock this geforce with almost any drivers, however in acer aspire 6920g, only one driver (as I know so far) lets it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mcurran
The problem is that, in other laptop models there is possible to overclock this geforce with almost any drivers, however in acer aspire 6920g, only one driver (as I know so far) lets it.

Are you plugged in, because I can OC fine, but not on battery power.

Wondering this too, I haven't noticed any performance boost with riva tuner setting that on startup...

Weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i've had no look OC'ing normally past 169.04, so i did a vbios flash to get it to OC permanentley (there's some guides around here somewhere), just use 169.04 to find your stable OC's :)