LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba owners look within

mobilenvidia

Guest Wolfman

Here we are !!!!!!

As stated by Highshot, I tried the 52.16 driver with the 9.16 INF file. The first time I installed it, I got multiple errors : I tried to do an update.

So I uninstalled all drivers, I searched for all NV*.* files in C:\Windows and subdirectories, and I deleted them all.

After that, I installed the 52.16 + 9.6 driver/inf and Bingo : no more black bar !!!

So, to resume :

52.16 driver + 9.6 Pieter's INF file -> works on Satellite 2410-514 (15V ac adapter)

GeforceGo4 420 32MB - WinXP Pro SP1

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Tenstrum

• ministeve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 Geforce 440 Go

15V Toshiba power supply

Balck bars with:

54.01 Pieter's Inf

56.72 Pieter's Inf

56.82 Pieter's Inf

Used to work perfectly with:

44.03 Therapy's Inf

Hope someone can figure this out soon! :)

Guest atakki

I thought I should finally add my part to this ongoing struggle after using modded infs for a while. So:

Toshiba 6100 with GeForce4 420 Go

Toshiba 15V

Working drivers are all 4x.xx

Non-working (black bars) drivers are all 5x.xx except 52.16 with v9.6 inf.

Bios: 4.17.00.41.C7

All other stuff attached.

-atakki

___

thanks, greetings to Finland :)

DxDiag.txt

Edited by dontknow

Woohoo!!! 52.16 with pieter's inf v9.6 WORKS on my 1415-s173

No black bars!

Note that this is the ONLY 52.xx combination that has ever worked on my machine.

Guest Dakotah

Hello All...

I have a Toshiba 5205-S703 w/ 15V Powers Supply running XP Pro SP2 and have tried the following drivers:

All of these were installed using Peiter's 20.32 INF file.

The improvements in speed over the stock video drivers from Toshiba is phenomenal in all the drivers (especially 56.82). BUT, there always is a but isn't there, I CANNOT get my laptop to resume from standy using ANY of these drivers. :) I and not experiencing black bars, no freezing and greatly increased performance, but I cannot get around the resume issue. No matter what i try, it just sits there with a black screen and i can only recover by forcing a reboot.

ANY ideas and assistance would be greatly appreciated! :)

I am reluctant to try anything older than 53.03 because I want to play Far Cry and newer games that are going to require the newer drivers.

Dakotah

You're not alone with that problem. But you have to live with it. 52.16 is the last working driver with no Standby problem. greetings

Guest Dakotah

:)

OK, here's an update...

I have tried additional driver versions using multiple versions of the INF files, including modifying the original INF's directly to allow it to install on my laptop.

I have also tried using Detonator RIP and Nasty File Remover to delete all traces of NVidia files before changing drivers.

In a nutshell, NOTHING WORKED! :) If I go back to the original Toshiba Drivers that came with my Laptop (36.39) everything works like a charm. The OEM drivers are the ONLY drivers that will resume from Standby without locking everything up. :(

Completely frustrated, I noticed that dontknow was running the exact same laptop/OS as I am so I scrounged around for the 11.64 INF and installed the GeForce 460 Go Toshiba and IT WORKED! I can now standby and resume without difficulty! But now another problem has crept up... I am now getting an annoying flicker that I cannot seem to get rid of... :P

I am currently re-installing a blank OS without SP2 or ANY Toshiba OEM drivers to see what happens there. This is getting VERY frustrating! And to think, all this started because I wanted to take a look at a DEMO for FarCry, a game I don't even have time to play anyway!

Aaaaarrrrgghh!

Maybe I'm just destined to run the OEM drivers with this Laptop.

Dakotah

You're not alone with that problem. But you have to live with it. 52.16 is the last working driver with no Standby problem. greetings

turn off flickering: read the pinned thread in support section.

YAY!!! I finally tried 52.16 w/ 9.6 INF and it worked!!! No black bar!! YAY!!!

The only problem now is that my laptop screen is being detected as monitor #2 instead of 1. I've messed around with the multi-display settings and single monitor views, but I can't get it back to being monitor #1. It doesn't seem like its going to be that big of a deal and I've got it set to be my default monitor, but does anyone know how to fix my laptop screen back to monitor #1?? Anyone experiencing any dual view wierdness like this?

Thanks!

I must try and update 9.6 a little into the 21st Century.

Will work on this later.

It will hopefully fix the Dualview problem as I have with 20.xx INFs.

Watch this space.

Pieter.

and now, i'm also getting the black screen after closing my lid and my system won't come back up. i've tried that registry trick, but it didn't work. can't win for losing....

Check this out to add to the confusion:

The last drivers that worked with my system (without black bar) were:

44.03 Teraphy's Inf

Now, I've been using the 56.82 for some time (black bar) and decided to to try the "52.16 + old INFs combos". This is the result:

52.16 + 9.51 INF = BLACK BAR

52.16 + 11.65 INF = BLACK BAR

So, I'm back to 56.82 now, since I can't get rid of the black bar anyway. And, yes, I deinstalled all drivers completely first and restarted everytime before installing new ones.

The weird bit: "Craig Corp" seems to have EXACTLY the same system as me - and his works with the 52.16's !!!!

My dxdiag.txt during the 52.16 + 9.51 INF is attached.

My BIOS version is 4.17.00.41.C5

DxDiag.txt

first upgrade your BIOS to v1.20: http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/su...ads/1511v12.exe

Downnload the driver and INF again, cuz your driver files have different filedates than the driver we provide (your files are 21:16, our files are 14:16)

http://files.laptopvideo2go.com/5216.exe

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/infs/50serie...nf/nv4_disp.inf

Then go to save mode (F8) and reinstall 52.16 with Pieters latest INF 20.36.

52.16 + 9.51 INF = BLACK BAR

52.16 + 11.65 INF = BLACK BAR

Strange indeed to say the least. Did you dobule check you used the Go Toshiba device at installation time and that the 11.65 version you have is the fixed one (with an added comma after SoftEDIDs)? In any case look in

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=780

there's a 11.65 attached, if it's char by char equal to the one you have, then we've definitely found something new to take into account.

Did you dobule check you used the Go Toshiba device at installation time and that the 11.65 version you have is the fixed one (with an added comma after SoftEDIDs)? In any case look in

there's a 11.65 attached

Yes, I used EXACTLY that file from that post and selected "Geforce 440 Go Toshiba". --> Black Bar. :)

Downnload the driver and INF again, cuz your driver files have different filedates than the driver we provide (your files are 21:16, our files are 14:16)

Downloaded the files again from EXACTLY those links. Reinstalled the 52.16's with Pieter's latest 20.36 INF. Guess what: Black Bar. :P

I did not yet update my BIOS to 1.2 though. Do you think it would make any difference? The only changes they made are password and security related. :)

Fastfret,

The other thing you could try is install an older working driver first then over the top install 52.16 v9.6 or 11.65. (Don't uninstall working driver)

If you have already tried this then ignore what I said and try the BIOS update.

But be very carefull make sure Battery is fully charged and your plugged into AC.

Any BIOS upgrade can be dangerous prepare fully before hand for the worst thing to happen.

Having a Doocking station with a PCI slot and a PCI video card could come in handy if the worst happens.

Sorry to be so glum but BIOS upgrading is dangerous to your health, and I hate to be the cause of you gaining a very expensive doorstop.

Pieter.

Did you dobule check you used the Go Toshiba device at installation time and that the 11.65 version you have is the fixed one (with an added comma after SoftEDIDs)? In any case look in

there's a 11.65 attached

Yes, I used EXACTLY that file from that post and selected "Geforce 440 Go Toshiba". --> Black Bar. :)

Downloaded the files again from EXACTLY those links. Reinstalled the 52.16's with Pieter's latest 20.36 INF. Guess what: Black Bar. :)

I think I know what could have gone wrong. The linked file I made reference to still has the missing comma in the SoftEDIDs line. I have uploaded it again and now it should be ok, but, please, check that there is a line in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings_NV17_Toshiba] section that equals the following:

HKR,, SoftEDIDs,                     %REG_DWORD%,    0

note the comma after SoftEDIDs. It was missing in the file I had uploaded.

Second, 20.36 has SoftEDIDs set to 1 as all Pieter's inf. You need to set it to 0 in the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section (exactly as shown above). Moreover you may need to add a Mobile line. Here's what I have

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]
HKR,, InstalledDisplayDrivers,       %REG_MULTI_SZ%, nv4_disp
HKR,, DFPAsDefaultMonitor,           %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, Mobile,                        %REG_DWORD%,    2
HKR,, SoftEDIDs,                     %REG_DWORD%,    0
HKR,, UseBestResolution,             %REG_DWORD%,    1
HKR,, VgaCompatible,                 %REG_DWORD%,    0
HKR,, VPEEnable,                     %REG_DWORD%,    1

Hope it works. Would be definitely a surprising anomaly if it didn't.

Ministeve,

Thanks! SoftEDIDs were the reason all three INFs didn't work. I'm now running the 52.16's with Pieter's 20.36 INF without that goddamn balck bar! :)

I should have double-checked the entry. Sorry for the trouble! :)

i just installed the new 60.72 drivers on my laptop, working fine (with dualview etc.), only it keeps bugging me with switching back to xp when starting a game (Duneon Siege for e.g.).

Last drivers did it immediately, this new drivers give me at least 10 sec before switching back. It really annoys me. Looks like the only drivers that play my games correctly are the 4x.xx serie :-/

Again the rest is okey, my reso (1600x1200) is perfect too....now get that annoying thingy out and im glad :-)

(sat. 5200-801, gf 460 64mb)

btw: just put 52.16 back with newest mod.inf, but also there: i cant play games, it switches back :-(

Last little update: trying every driver to se if games start working. Searched the forums and found something about the GF 460 + toshiba. So downloaded the 43.65 driver, installed it, and everything running smoothly. Tv-out buggers sometimes....

Why is it that those 5x.xx and 6x.xx keep bugging me with that nasty switchback bug ??? (switches back to xp)

Guest FirebirdTN

Hi all,

Just found this site recently, but have been using Teraphy's 43.45 drivers for a while, with relatively few problems (but one annoying bug dealing with custom color profiles causing display corruption on reboot).

I recently decided to try new drivers, and it was a no-go:

Tried:

44.03s, but native resolution wasn't available for my lappy

44.68s, but suffered from a black bar on the right side of the screen (again, no native res available as well).

I have a Toshiba Sat Pro 6100

Geforce4 420go 16Meg

15volt adapter.

Hope this helps,

-Alan

Right about time I updated this:

Toshiba (15v) assembled machines :

1410-s303 Doesn't work

1415-s105 Doesn't work with 5x.xx

1415-s173 Doesn't work with 5x.xx

2410-s303 Doesn't work

2410-s404 52.16 works with INF v9.6

2410-s514 52.16 works with INF v9.6

2415-s205 Only 52.16 works with v9.6-11.65 INF

2455-s305 with NO problems

5100-s201 works with 45.62 and 56.82 !!

5105-s501 Only 52.16 works with v9.6-11.65 INF

5200-s801 Works up to 52.xx, then games fail.

5205-s703/4 with NO problems (dontknow's machine).

5205-s705 with NO problems.

6100- Only 52.16 works with v9.6-11.65 INF

Compal (19v) assembled machines :

1950-s801 with NO problems

1955-s805 with NO problems

2430-s??? with NO problems

2435-s255 with NO problems

3000-s514 with NO problems

A pattern is starting to emerge, Toshiba laptops (15v Power adaptor) just don't like 5x.xx drivers at all, only 52.16 work with INFs 9.6 - 11.65 (except the 5205).

Compal made laptops seem to work alot better with 5x.xx (no black bars)

Now there seems a little hope is offered with my INFs v9.6 to 11.65

I have made a experimental INF to try 61.11 with INF v11.66 I could with testers.

Good luck,

Pieter.

nv4_disp.inf

Guest FirebirdTN

I'm new at this, so I may not be much help, but lurking around the forums, I found a fellow 6100pro owner that says all 4x.xx drivers work (no black bar), yet I had the black bar issue on mine.

One thing I noticed right away-his avatar had 1600x1400 under it; so I assume his laptop must have a different screen than mine. My native res is 1400x1050.

Not sure if that helps, but it just stuck out when I saw it.

-Alan

P.S. Thank you for the hard work. Its a shame all these manufactuers are making these "Desktop replacement" notebooks, yet neglect to update their drivers.