LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Toshiba owners look within

mobilenvidia

Guest MadAngel

Hi,

I just loaded up the 61.80 drivers with Pieter's 30.15 inf on my Toshiba 1415 - ??? (the sticker on the back wore off and i cant remember it), GeForce4 420 Go 16MB. It works great :) . I close and open the lid and it works fine also!

Attached is the screen shot of the file versions. I think I installed the right one.

Thanks guys for the awsome website!

post-3-10890345010_thumb.jpg

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• Tenstrum

• ministeve

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

?? 45.91??

You said you installed 61.80. :)

@martarf: try using v52.16

Guest Erekigitaa

I have Satellite 2455-S305 with GeForce4 420 Go 32MB. Driver versison 61.80 w/ 30.16 inf is working great! :)

Just wanted to contribute!

THANKS!!!!!

There seems to be a fix for this problem (finally, thx to hard work from Ministeve and Teraphy)

Have a look here : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5832 to help confirm their findings.

If it works then we can implement into all INFs from now on, so all drivers will work.

Pieter.

Toshiba Satellite 1410-604

Intel Celeron 1,8 GHz

GeForce 4 420 Go 16MB

max res 1024x768

15V adaptor

Driver 52.16 - Inf 11.65 by Pieter

No black bar and stanby problems.

Ok Clone and Tv-Out :)

Nvcpl.dll problem during setup so now I can't open nvidia option (fatal error) :)

I can't read bios version but it's the original (no update).

Guest PeteSL

My Satelite Pro 6100 is working with the 5088 inf fix (EDID overides) on 62.20 and 30.20 inf (no black bar). However, when I run dxdiag, my system does not go into 3d mode (it starts to but then says the test was interrupted with a keystroke). This was a problem seen back in the 4x.xx days on some drivers. Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atakki

Good to see some progress finally with the BB-issue. But I still have some problems on my Satellite Pro 6100.

I tried 61.72 with nv4_disp_TOS5088.inf and also made 30.25 inf for 62.20. Both worked nice and fast, I didn't even have a problem with dxdiag. BUT on both drivers my laptops screen stayed blank when coming off standby (both on battery and mains). The computer woke up and as far as I could see worked apart from the screen.

I tried reading advise to other people on standby issues but I couldn't make anything out of it. So if anyone has any advise I'd appreciate it.

-atakki

Toshiba

Satellite 5105 S501

GeForce4 440 GO 32 MB

1400x1050

52.16/9.6

I have tried so many drivers and this one finally got rid of the black bar.

Thanks so much

keep up the good work!

Guest cageman

Hello All,

I have had nothing but heartache over the past two years trying to get my notebook updated with the latest nvidia drivers.

I am thrilled beyond anything to say that after installing nvidia 61.77 using Teraphy's inf, my toshiba 5105-s901 is actually using the full display with out the black bar!

Thank you gentlemen for your hard work it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Guest MenosOcho

Hi folks!

I've got a Toshiba 3005-s403 1Ghz, 512RAM, GeForce2 Go 16MB, 19V.

I've some problems (no black bar) with any driver greater than 47.18.

Even if i had excellent perfomance with some games, many time when i try run a game it return to WindowsXP and stay in the task bar, i should do Alt+Tab many time until return to the game...

Moreover, the DXDIAG fail in "Test Direct3D" button, appear a error msg. "the user has cancelled by pressing a key" or something like this...

With 47.18 i don't have problems with the games neither DXDIAG, but the performance is worst than newer drivers...

Any idea?

Best regards

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wilrmoore

I would like to thank everyone using these boards. I was able to get my drivers updated. I just happened to be looking around to find updated drivers for my 5105-S501, and found these forums.

Huge thanks!!! :)

Using 52.16/9.6...

• 1 month later...

Hi ive got the same computer as you. What exactly did you do to get the drivers to work? What did you download and what did you do exactly? Also how did you get rid of the black bar?

He used nvidia driver v52.16 with Pieters INF v9.6.

Alternatively you can go to Teraphy BlackBar page, create an INF in just 3 steps especially for your ScreenSize, then download the most recent driver and replace the original INF with the one you created.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index.php?showtopic=5832

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/enhancer

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is old but can someone tell me how to update the driver I have from the toshiba site for my 5105-s702 to possible latest one ?

The file you downloaded should be executable.

Run it and it should install its self.

If it only extracts to a directory just run the setup file inside the directory.

Failing that have a look in the FAQ for other install options.