LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Acer Aspire 5920g questions

REVHEAD

Hi guys , I am new here, yes I know another noob question that has most likely been asked a million times before.

Here goes, this is my first ever laptop, I got it for backup purposes as I am allways upgrading, formatting and overclocking ect ect with my desktop pc, so the laptop is for when things go pear shaped, I have something to use.

I purchased my Acer Aspire brand new for cheap on Ebay, I am lookint at putting another 2 gigs of ram in it so I can run Vista64 bits comfortably, reason is I run it on my desktop pc so its easier for me this way, at the moment I am on the standard Vista 32 bits that came with this laptop, but will be formatting it soon.

My question is what would be the best driver for my laptop configeration best 32 bits driver and best 64bits driver, allso what can I do to ring the best performance out of the gpu? any driver tweaks or anything of similar nature can be done? I want to use it for gaming but only when in dire straights, I know it wont play anything very well but I believe it will play most games on low settings.

Any advice appreciated, and sorry to ask but laptops are not in my domain at the moment but I am sure this will change rapidly.