LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How is the tempreture of your 8600m gt when you are playing game?

darkck

My 8600mgt often goes to 70 or 69, but it will decrease in a short time......

usually 75 when running games... bell curves between 55-65 when idle.

But thats a dell, and they run hottter than your average GPU

My even Gaming on Mass effect it wont go above 70C but downclock still happen when it reach 2.5 hours limit.

Guest JaMMin

WTF !!! On my Asus G1S after 5-10 min of gaming temp goes to 96c !!! Without OC !!! And i cant play ! Why ? ;( Hmm maybe i should send my g1s to support ? Sorry fo my eng. ;(

Running a stock speeds I get a max of 92C, with an average of 86C. If I downclock the core to 400MHz, I can get it to run at a max of 88C with an average of 82C. Downclocking causes no problems in the games I have been playing so in the interest of longevity I'm happy to keep it running cooler. You should note that I've got a Zepto 6324W which is a 14.1" notebook so there isn't much room for cooling in there. When my warranty expires I'll think about modifying the cooling system.

Guest KAYKAY

I just finished a 3 hour session of Day of Defeat source, and my temps were at the level of "WTF IS WRONG WITH MY LAPTOP." I have a Dell Vostro 1500, 8600M GT (DDR2), T7500 (2.2Ghz C2D), 4gb ram. I Have like 5 or 6 months with the laptop, and im getting worried that its going to burn out on me after the warranty is over. It doesnt help that dell knows about the problems Nvidia GPUs are having either, just makes me upset that i bought a dell because of my previous experience with them, but now that something is wrong, neither them nor Nvidia will fix the problems happening. I Guess ill let my dollar do the speaking for me when i take my business elsewhere.