LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lenovo R61 15,4" - video blinking in full screen

melkortheevil

Dears, could you help me please with this problem and answer my questions?

The screen is blinking when playing video in full screen (widescreen films are not effected). I've change the render mode in my Media Player Classic from Overlay Mixed to VMR9 and that helped me but I am not sure if this is a proper solution.

Could you tell me what's the problem? Is that HW issue or drivers issue?

TP R61: 15,4", 2 GB RAM, NVS 140M, Clean installation of Win XP Pro SP3, klcodec417f.exe, nVidia drivers from Lenovo web site

Did enabling VMR completely fix the problem? If so, just leave VMR enabled. Also, you might try updating your drivers to a later version, downloaded from this website.

It seems that VMR9 fixed my problem. I am wondering if it's a common issue and what causes this problem? I will try the latest drivers from this website anyway.

It seems that VMR9 fixed my problem. I am wondering if it's a common issue and what causes this problem? I will try the latest drivers from this website anyway.

This is a hardware acceleration issue. Could also well be due to your specific video codec version.

This is little bit scaring. Hardware acceleration is one of the goals of graphics cards, isn't it? I would say that 140M is specified for HW acceleration.

I will try clean installation again with just one codec but I have same issue with VLC - video in full screen is blinking except widescreen films. In VLC is other option : Overlay video output - if it's unchecked than video is working fine.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Edited by melkortheevil