LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which drivers to run blu ray on 8600m gt

RedFox-x

any recommend video drivers that

(m1530 laptop/8600m gt + usb2.0 external 5.25 inch with sata blueray)

1) is 64bit vista

2) will play bluray

the drivers cyberlink bd advisor recommends are 32bit only...

im currently using 177.89

help ;\

i tried installing 177.73 but it says its no compatiable with my current setup?

I am not sure, but I believe in Vista you must use WHQLed drivers in order to play Bluray disks, because Micro$oft loves DRM and wants to make it as hard as possible to get your media playing. If you look around, you may find drivers with INFs that already support your card and therefore do not lose the WHQL, or you can use your manufacturer drivers.

I also read what michael said. I think it was at notebook review dot com. not 100%

If you want to install the latest signed graphics drivers, we can bypass the installer in Windows by using the "Have Disk" method:

Go into Device Manager, select the graphics card, "Update Driver Software", "Browse my computer for driver software", "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer", and finally, click the critical "Have disk..." button. This forces Windows to install any driver of your choice directly.

Browse to the folder containing the stock nVidia WHQL-signed drivers, and select your GFX card. Since it's WHQL-signed, the Blu-ray movies will work.

175.63 is WHQL and i have recently discovered that its got excessively good performance. better than my old fav. 174.74.

Never thought of that.... I wonder if there is some way to fake a WHQL certification?

If its done digitally then it must be... . just a matter of finding out what they change/ add to the driver to make it 'signed'

Although probably wont be easy to find out. "They" have made a big deal about driver signing, and everyone seems to want it.

im downloading 175.61... should i use the modded inf file too?

"The NVIDIA setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatiable with your current hardware setup... setup now exit"

? :)

Seems to be an Acer driver so probably doesn't work without modified INF for other makes - mostly they use Subsys to support only "own" hardware.