• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mushu

• mujjuman

• wook

• Andrew55

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not entirely pointless.. it gives a "general" view on a driver. But, yeah i think they/ we/ I know what you mean. Most people will be doing between 2- maybe 3 tests and find the average. Thus getting reliable results.

But as you said, its only a benchmark tool. In the past my system has achieved a really high 3Dmark score, and then game play is pretty average. Only real way to be sure is to run a game, test and compare the FPS... But I'm sure most users know this too.

- Anyway my point in coming here is to say this driver does not work well for my machine. 4 Oc higher temps than my last driver, and some staggered motion in CAD plus a couple of games.

Because 177.92 gives a higher temperature i can not overclock as much, and not get as higher FPS out of games.

I have just moved back to 175.63 which has low temp. (by 4 Oc) meaning overclocking is higher, and getting better FPS than 177.92

If you have not tried this driver it may be worth your while.

Guest Grishak

Hello. Using the 177.92 Driver and the modded INF for Clevo products, I have discovered to my disdain that Guitar Hero 3 no longer functions. No error message, just an instant application closure. 177.89 was kosher.

Guest Grishak

Culprit was found. It seems I forgot to reinstall NVtweak with the new driver. It caused a corrupted overlay with a horizontal line. Screen shots revealed nothing. Fixed. =)

Dell XPS 1530 4Gig Ram, DualCore 2,6GHz, NV8600M GT

New Driver boosted my 3DMark06 Points from

177.79: 4905 points

to

177.92: 4932 points

:)

Don't know how to test temprature

Dell XPS 1530 4Gig Ram, DualCore 2,6GHz, NV8600M GT

New Driver boosted my 3DMark06 Points from

177.79: 4905 points

to

177.92: 4932 points

:)

Don't know how to test temprature

lol download gpu-z and see temp at various times

Rivatuner and ntune are also viable options. Test all and see which is most to your liking.

Hi,

Pls help me to solve : when I close the laptop lid the desktop goes to the secondary display. It's not good for me. How can I eliminate this option?

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

Hi guys,

I have some problems here with my GO 7800 ( Inspiron 9400 ), when I install this driver I cant OC my 3Dcard with Rivatuner 2.10 ( atitools and ntune also does not solve this problem ). When I set the gpu clock for exemple to 300 Mhz and when I click on apply then its goes back to the default speed ( 250Mhz). I never had this OC problems with my older driver ( 93.81 ) and I could push it to 375/930 (stock 250/660). Please guys help my !

PS: But I can Underclock my card with this driver but not OC !

grzz,

AG

Hi guys,

I have some problems here with my GO 7800 ( Inspiron 9400 ), when I install this driver I cant OC my 3Dcard with Rivatuner 2.10 ( atitools and ntune also does not solve this problem ). When I set the gpu clock for exemple to 300 Mhz and when I click on apply then its goes back to the default speed ( 250Mhz). I never had this OC problems with my older driver ( 93.81 ) and I could push it to 375/930 (stock 250/660). Please guys help my !

PS: But I can Underclock my card with this driver but not OC !

grzz,

AG

I suspect you flashed your 7800 using the old unlocked BIOS method. If so, roll back to factory BIOS and you will be fine. The unlocked BIOS is supported by 169.04 and below.

Guest Okonoamaru
I suspect you flashed your 7800 using the old unlocked BIOS method. If so, roll back to factory BIOS and you will be fine. The unlocked BIOS is supported by 169.04 and below.

The unlocked BIOS is no longer necessary to OC the videocard ?

I never flashed my Go7800 ... I did upgrade the BIOS for my laptop ( to solve some accu issue and to sopport the C2Dou ).

I never flashed my Go7800 ... I did upgrade the BIOS for my laptop ( to solve some accu issue and to sopport the C2Dou ).

Ok. BTW, laptop BIOS upgrade has no impact on GPU. It is something else then. Sorry I couln't help.

Installed wonderfully on my Toshiba Qosmio G30 (GO 7600) but the only issue now is that these drivers still seem to break the 'resume from Hibernation or Standby' modes. Resulting in a Black Screen. Anyone found a fix for this issue yet?

Hey, the drivers work great but I only have one problem. Startup. When I startup the laptop (vostro 1400, geforce 8400m gs), It proceeds through the windows screen fine and to the login screen. once I login, i have to wait atleast 3 minutes for everything to come up and before anything is operational. The only operational device is the mouse. All I really see is the wallpaper and I can move my mouse but nothing else. Is there any solution to this, the laptop is pretty much brand new. If any more information is required, let me know. Thanks.

Guest Janitoo

guys, I have a dell xps M1530 "downgraded" to XP sp3

I had installed a compatible driver from dell.

The only game I play is LFS, and everytime I enabled the anti**pic filter to 8x the game just worked like crap.

I just installed your drivers and the game works smoothly with everything on the highest levels

thank you very much for your awesome work.

now I just have to think about the sound, because the driver I'm using sucks too.

thanks again.

Both 177.83 & 177.92 makes my screen turn black right after logging in to Windows. Any solution to this...?

hi guys. im trying to install this driver. the previous driver that i used for the past 1 year with no problems is now giving me a 0xEA problem that i hope is not hardware related and is rather driver related.

anyway, i replaced the inf with the modded inf, and after running setup.exe it says that im missing a few files... forexample:

nvdispsr.dll

nvgames.dll

nvgamesr.dll

what should i do?

oh i should probably say that earlier today, the link for the driver (exe file) wasnt working, so i went to the nVidia site to download the beta version of 177.92

it should be the same thing, right?

Guest Aguennon

Hi,

My problem is big. I have Asus A6VM Notebook with Geforce Go 7300. When i use the drivers with new control panel the POWERMIZER does not work. With the old control panel drivers i can select 3 options ; Max battery, Balanced, Max Performance. But New control panels onl allow on/off.

And it does not work. When i select off with PowerMizer, and run on battery it lowers the clock speed. So does not work.

How can i solve it.

ok so i finally got it to install.. but as soon as it installed my screen turned black and i rebooted into safemode to uninstall. what gives?

this post was made by me. cool that this site has a guest feature. i forgot to log in

Try uninstalling your previous drivers again and then re-installing.