LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.92 Windows XP 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

hi all, i just bought a compaq prersario f555au with geforece 6100 go,will this driver work on this laptop ? thx if not, witch should i use?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mushu

• mujjuman

• wook

• cathy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try uninstalling your previous drivers again and then re-installing.

ok i did it and so far so good (with my old driver)

the new one doesnt work. it just gives me a black screen

Guest HunterZ
hi guys. im trying to install this driver. the previous driver that i used for the past 1 year with no problems is now giving me a 0xEA problem that i hope is not hardware related and is rather driver related.

anyway, i replaced the inf with the modded inf, and after running setup.exe it says that im missing a few files... forexample:

nvdispsr.dll

nvgames.dll

nvgamesr.dll

what should i do?

oh i should probably say that earlier today, the link for the driver (exe file) wasnt working, so i went to the nVidia site to download the beta version of 177.92

it should be the same thing, right?

I'm having the same issue. Got the driver from nVidia's site and am using the modded INF from here to install on my Dell XPS M1730 (nVidia 8700M SLI). I'm downloading the drivers from here to see if it makes a difference. The files it says are missing are not in the folder that was created when the driver archive self-extracted.

Mujjman, can you tell me what gpu you have?

Edited by Andrew55

Guest Aguennon

Hi,

Why doesn't it disable POWERMIZER when we set it as Off? Is this normal? When i run on battery, GPU Clock will run on the half speed. But when i set to disable PowerMizer on the control panel,it even runs at low clock speed.

With old drivers with the old control panel, There were sliders on PowerMizer Section. And when i selected it, it would really work.

Is it normal with the new drivers?

Driver work perfect in my old Sony Vaio with Geforce Go6400. I just can't believe the increase of frame rates in Flight simulator 2004. I have almost 2 years looking for a driver that let me set a high level of AA Antialiasing effect.

Someone has the same experience that me? I don't know if I'm dreaming or what. But the performance improvement is amazing.

I'm gueesing that maybe i'll have another problem with other software in my machine, but until now everything works perfect!

Guest HunterZ
ok i did it and so far so good (with my old driver)

the new one doesnt work. it just gives me a black screen

As an update to my previous post, the drivers from this site worked, and seemed to have files that weren't in the official nVidia release. mujjuman, you'll want to download the drivers from here if you were attempting to install the ones from the nVidia site like I was.

Mujjman, can you tell me what gpu you have?

i have the 8400M GS in my hp dv9500t

screen just turns black right after install (install screen isnt even gone yet) im forced to go into safemode and uninstall it

As an update to my previous post, the drivers from this site worked, and seemed to have files that weren't in the official nVidia release. mujjuman, you'll want to download the drivers from here if you were attempting to install the ones from the nVidia site like I was.

thanks. yeah i was trying to install the modded inf using the nVidia version

Anyone can help me out? I get a black screen right after logging in to Windows.

Guest bothaus
Anyone can help me out? I get a black screen right after logging in to Windows.

Safe Boot and uninstall the drivers. I don't think you have many options without being able to open the bios or EFI (Open Firmware).

Being a Mac and all. (If that is indeed the machine that is having the issues).

Safe Boot and uninstall the drivers. I don't think you have many options without being able to open the bios or EFI (Open Firmware).

Being a Mac and all. (If that is indeed the machine that is having the issues).

Thanks, but I was asking how do I get the drivers to work on my computer? (assuming that this 'black screen' issue isn't an isolated problem)

I doubt it's a Mac-specific problem because I've seen these drivers being posted in the Mac-Rumors forums.

Guest Okonoamaru
QUOTE (Okonoamaru @ Sep 2 2008, 03:15 PM) *

The unlocked BIOS is no longer necessary to OC the videocard ?

No, not since 169.09 and newer.

I tried to reflash my bios with the factory BIOS and then install the driver but I can't OC my card now...

Are you sur there's not a new trick to OC on dell's laptop ? :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys.

I really need help ! I am at work and its Sunday and I need to install XP on a VGN-AR71S before 2moro AM. Please someone help. Ican't find the SATA drivers for the boot. Any help please forward any info on to me @ jason.edwards@w1-research.com

Thanks in advance

Jason

• 2 years later...