LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.92 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Guest XPS M1730 Owner
Yep - also no CP. Can launch CP from Driver folder after install. Able to set SLI, etc. Unable to change to Vista Aero though. Going to reinstall now and see if that works.

Uninstalled - cleaned with driver sweeper, checked with CCleaner - restarted in safe mode again to install - still no CP. Oh well - will wait for a fix.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J

• deathwest

• zipper

• net.cat

m1530, 8600m gt 256mb ddr3

CP works for me. Also with an oc of 550/813, I got 4287 on 3dmark06. Pretty much the same numbers I was getting with 177.79, but it appears my core temp dropped 1 degree C.

Look only the people doing a clean install don't have the CP, I never uninstall a driver before going to a new one or return to older one and I never have theses problems.

Guest victoryo

I always clean the drivers first.

I uninstall and than run driversweep. Restart and install the new drivers.

Never got problems this way and the CP is always working :)

I'm having some issues with screen resolution. My native res. is 1200x800, but everytime I reboot or come back from standby, my res has gone to 800x600. It's easy to solve by changing it back, but it is very annoying. I also seem to have lost the CP. The drivers work fine, otherwise, but I'd like to know if someone else is having these same problems.

Works really fine for me, the most stable since 169.62, but I have still to do tests

For me I get no control panel. :)

Guest Adelio

No Control Panel for me too. The installation seems to be good but when i want to go to the CP, it doesn't.

EDIT : The CP appeared after I test to go to CP twice or three times. Sorry for the english, I'am French. ^^

I do not have control panel. One solution please. :)

for those who has no CP or even has trouble installing the driver properly, try to use the older inf. the latest 3.267 is bugged and i think mobilenvidia has not noticed it yet. i used the inf 177.83 (3.265a if im not mistaken), and it works perfectly. CP is there and no errors during installation.

For those with no control panel. Try reinstalling ntune. It works for me.

Not for me :)

Guess im a lucky guy...i just did the normal reinstallation routine(deinstall->safe mode driver sweeper->normal boot 177.92 install)

and i DO have the control panel(i used the modded inf that comes with this thread).

Im really happy with this driver. I used to have 177.79, and with the new one my gpu temp dropped by 10°C and it runs very stable and smooth(feels much faster)...

thx for the upload

There is a problem with this modded inf. I didn't have a control panel either using the modded inf provided. I used the 177.79 modded INF and it worked fine.

its when u right click on ur desktop and u can get to the nvidia control panel. im guessing if u dont know wat it is, then u prob wont care.. u can access some settings to change ur graphics card around if u want.

tested it with crysis and its very smooth and some frames faster than 177.79. although i dont play it anymore, im impressed. still have control panel. just used the newest inf.thanx laptopvideo2go for your work. :)

This version is aimed to try and fix the HD-DVD and BD Playback issues.

Please report back here with either good or bad news on this subject. (good prefered :) )

177.92 is th only affected driver INF for now.

Grrrr, nVidia may have fixed the Control panel files and where/how they get installed.

I have manually ficed it for now will make an INF update to see if it will fix it.