LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.92 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

Sh*t, I've scrolling problem in IE7 like 177.89/83/79 xD

MEGA DELAY !!!

My problem has been solved automatically :)

It isn't for powermizer

Ok, Let me test it ...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• P.J

• deathwest

• zipper

• net.cat

hey, i had the eact same problem i tried installin other drivers but they flopped aswell, so i did a system restore which returned things to normal and let me install drivers. sorry if i couldnt be of more help

Ho avuto il vostro stesso problema.. per caso avete provato ad usare l'install presente su questo sito e non quello rilasciato dalla stessa nvidia? io ho risolto in questo modo :)

----------

I had your same problem .. by chance you have tried to use the install on this site and not issued by the same nvidia? I resolved in this way:)

Guest Rocksau

I wanted to give these drivers a try, but there is always an error.

I downloaded the .exe and the modded .inf and installed the driver. It worked but if I reboot, there is a yellow sign ahead the cardname in the hardwaremanager. It says, that the driver stopped because an error occured. XP-drivers seems to work :)

Laptop Toshiba P20-304

nVidia GeForce 5600go

Vista 32bit

Everybody who has scrolling problem: Enable/Disable Aero Theme !!! :)

177.73:

3DMark06 w/ PhysX: 3336 @ 1280x1024

3DMark Vantage w/ PhysX: P985/761/8239

3DMark Vantage w/o PhysX: P946/756/3900

177.92:

3DMark06 w/ PhysX: 3312 @ 1280x1024

3DMark Vantage w/ PhysX: P975

Is Physx supported by 177.73 !? I didn't know... O.o

so PJ 177.73 wins against 177.92 !? :O

strange...Covert has our same graphic card...and with 177.92 he reaches a score higher than 177.73 o.O

Edited by net.cat

I have a vostro 1500 with 8600M GT, i've never updated the driver, it still works with the factory one but i need to upgrade because of a crashing problem and i have a doubt, if i use this modified driver do i lose functions specifically made for the laptop like the combination Fn+F8 for changing multiple screens or close/open the screen to suspend/reactivate the PC or other things like that? sorry for being a noob on this and thanks for you help.

Guest Rocksau
I wanted to give these drivers a try, but there is always an error.

I downloaded the .exe and the modded .inf and installed the driver. It worked but if I reboot, there is a yellow sign ahead the cardname in the hardwaremanager. It says, that the driver stopped because an error occured. XP-drivers seems to work :)

Laptop Toshiba P20-304

nVidia GeForce 5600go

Vista 32bit

Strange: Now its even impossible to install the XP-drivers again.

I have a vostro 1500 with 8600M GT, i've never updated the driver, it still works with the factory one but i need to upgrade because of a crashing problem and i have a doubt, if i use this modified driver do i lose functions specifically made for the laptop like the combination Fn+F8 for changing multiple screens or close/open the screen to suspend/reactivate the PC or other things like that? sorry for being a noob on this and thanks for you help.

You shouldn't. My laptop has the same shortcut and it has worked fine with these drivers.

So, is this worth upgrading to? I haven't been impressed with any drivers since 177.73, so I've stuck with that for a while now. I'd like to get a few FPS increase in some games, if possible.

Probably, probably not. Experimentation is key.

I would add that theses drivers are very very stable. The frequencies I can reach are 720 mhz (core), 1520mhz (shaders unit) and 528 mhz (vram but it's in DDR2 so not that bad). Temperature when playing games is about 93°C (I never got that high, usually 85°C, it's because of higher clocks)

Edited by deathwest

Is Physx supported by 177.73 !? I didn't know... O.o

so PJ 177.73 wins against 177.92 !? :O

strange...Covert has our same graphic card...and with 177.92 he reaches a score higher than 177.73 o.O

Yes, 177.73 works fine for me. No scrolling problem w/ Aero, physX and better performance.

Using >177.73, everytime I should disable/enable Aero theme to solve scrolling problem :)

For me stability is more important as a constant frame rate... I didn't tested all older version but I had issues with some others 177

Edited by deathwest

You would probably be better off with the 174.74 drivers since they seem to be most stable with your gpu.

I've just upgraded from the Acer supplied drivers (175.xx I think) to the 177.92's and my 3DMark06 score jumped up from 3270 to 3343. My score seems a bit low compared to other 9500M GS laptops :) Must do some fiddling.

Anyone tested this driver on 9500M GS?

Erm, yeah, me. See the post above yours :)

EVerythings fine, got a decent performance increase in 3dMark06, but I can't overclock.

Guest Hedge86

Hello...Tryed this driver and some others with my 8600GT 256Mb DDR2 and i have some problems:

1) When i try to OC card by Riva Tuner or nTune i have 100Mhz Core in Riva Tuner monitor in 3D, without OC it shows real clock 530Mhz (when aming) (but when i overclock it shows that default clock is 475Mhz - strange)...

2) I can't normally play BF2142 because of crazy laggg((( Anyone here playing BF2142 on the same video card - what in game settings do you use...and what is the best driver for it - i need only this game to play smooth, cause i don't play other games and i can't normally play it((((((((((((((((((

Great thanks for answers)

Hello...Tryed this driver and some others with my 8600GT 256Mb DDR2 and i have some problems:

1) When i try to OC card by Riva Tuner or nTune i have 100Mhz Core in Riva Tuner monitor in 3D, without OC it shows real clock 530Mhz (when aming) (but when i overclock it shows that default clock is 475Mhz - strange)...

2) I can't normally play BF2142 because of crazy laggg((( Anyone here playing BF2142 on the same video card - what in game settings do you use...and what is the best driver for it - i need only this game to play smooth, cause i don't play other games and i can't normally play it((((((((((((((((((

Great thanks for answers)

Hum... BF2142 with a 7600 go was fine... I assume it should be good. Try 169.62 they were the best for me

Hum... BF2142 with a 7600 go was fine... I assume it should be good. Try 169.62 they were the best for me

LoL I played BF2142 better in a Club 3D Geforce FX 5700 LE than in my GeForce 8600M GT... Don't ask me why... Could be a problem from the game!