LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Best driver for Dell Vostro 1700 8600M GT 256

pilsener

Could you tell me the best driver for this laptop?

Thanks

its pretty hard giving advice on what is the 'best' driver. There are a few things to consider. I'll do my best to give you options for your GPU

1) 177.79 - This is one of the latest drivers. As such it incorporates physX as part of the driver. (if you are playing games that use this then this driver would be a good option)

This is the best performing and stable driver of the177 range (according to many users and benchmarking tools)

2) 175.63 - This driver has slightly better gaming performance than every other driver i have used so far. As it is about 2-3 months old it does not have physX as part of the driver. (This also has very good video playback) - (i am currently using this driver)

3) I see are you using both vista and XP. if you are using vista and want blueray then you will need WHQL drivers for this. And the easiest solution is to look at your laptop brand website and in the technical support/drivers downlaod section

if you need any more advice or help installing these drivers then just ask.. : )

EDIT: you may also want to try the latest version.. (apparently gives up to 20% increase in some games)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....showtopic=20269

XP 32-bit