LaptopVideo2Go Forums

hp HDX 9350 with gf 8800GTS driver problem

Guest iEatU4Fun

Guest iEatU4Fun

Hi guys. I have some serious problems with installing drivers for my hp HDX notebook. Any driver i tried from laptopvideo2go.com delivers me the message " The nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit" The one and only driver that runs on that b**** is the one i got from the HP homepage. 3 days after buying the notebook i got infected with a virus which shredded my entire vista installation. After formatting and re-installing Vista i experience worse performance in games like crysis and scrolling lag while using Firefox or IE. I figured the graphic drivers might be responsible ( because they are different to the pre-installed i cant seem to find anywhere ) I would fall on my knees if you could think of a solution for me

You also need the modded INF along with the driver. After you extract the driver itself move the INF that you downloaded to the extracted folder. It should install after that.

The scrolling lag in IE and FF is definately a driver issue. Updating should fix that.

Guest iEatU4Fun

You are godlike. It worked perfectly. I also get better results in benchmarks and games :) The Firefox lag isnt as severe anymore, though still existent. When i reduce the size of a window to the half it disappears... Do you think new driver generations might fix this problem ? Thank you once again.

Honestly I dont get that problem at all and never have had it. Im using driver v177.89

Try uninstalling and reinstalling FF. But only if you have a back up of your book marks and your add-ons and other important stuff.

If thats to much of a hassle try running a disk clean up and clearing out your temp folders and rebooting, then do a disk defrag.

Guest iEatU4Fun

Well, the notebook is 2 weeks old, so a disc clean up would not help much i guess. The scroll lag seems to appear only with the vista aero style turned on. After switching back to classic windows style its fine again. But i was hoping that a core 2 duo 2,1 ghz with 3 gb ram should handle aero easily.. :)

It should. I have 2 laptops. The one with the specs I have in my profile is mine. The previous laptop I had had far worse specs and I gave it to my fiance because she just does some online banking and really low profile stuff. On my HP I had an AMD Turion TL-56 1.8Ghz processor, 2Gbs of RAM, and a Geforce Go 6150 GPU and I never had the scrolling lag.

its the driver.

I had the same issue with 175 versions.. and as of late, the 177.79 and .66 did the same. 177.92 however is great and does not have any lag in internet browsers. Also far better FPS in games.

You also may want to look at this post of mine. (If you want to get the best out of your CPU)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....art=#entry86870

its the driver.

I had the same issue with 175 versions.. and as of late, the 177.79 and .66 did the same. 177.92 however is great and does not have any lag in internet browsers. Also far better FPS in games.

You also may want to look at this post of mine. (If you want to get the best out of your CPU)

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....art=#entry86870

Your official HP WHQL driver 175.97 released only a couple of weeks ago is:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39501-40000/sp39905.exe

Supports %NVIDIA_G92. DEV_0609.1% = "NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS" PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0609&SUBSYS_30D4103C

I got a problem, that i cant play blu ray anymore after i uptated to the latest driver for my laptop from here. I got an HP Pavillion HDX 9200, an i updatet my driver from Version NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTS 167.53 to 175 and the problem is that i cant play Blu Ray anymore. So what to do?

Did you use the official HP WHQL driver?

Did you use the official HP WHQL driver?

No it is from here and it s not whql official hp.

So where can i get it, i mean the latest one for my hdx 92000 Geforce 8800M GTS? And will blu ray work again?

Edited by Amokk

nVIDIA ForceWare X 175.86 for Windows Vista 64bit WHQL (=BluRay works)

For HP/Compaq

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/nvidia/175se...586_vista64.exe

is the only I could quickly find, HP seems to offer still only the old driver on HP support.

but you seem to have Vista 32, probably an older driver can be found.

It should.

Mhhh that was the one that didnt work with blu ray i think, but this one is wqhl and i didn´t need another INF?

Because i try to install it, but it doesn´t work because my laptop said that it culd not install it cause of bla bla failed......

What to do? Insert an INF and if yes which one?

Edited by Amokk