LaptopVideo2Go Forums

INF version 3.269

mobilenvidia

With the 177 series nVidia changed the way some files are installed in to the /windows/ dirs.

At first this didn't allow interernational Control Panel versions to work at all.

I have been making additional fixes for a while to remedy this.

nVidia may now have finally fixed this :)

I have put the file structure back to default.

Please give this a try if you found that you were unable to open the control panel.

Only affects 177.92.

Report back with results as always :)

Thanks for the quick/good work. feeling kinda lazy to reinstall those drivers now to test the new inf file.

Mine shows that too and I still don't get a control panel.

Sorry dudes my FTP app didnt' upload the new INFs.

They were too similar to the old ones that it ignored the upload.

I told my FTP to be more careful in the future and it promised to try harder.

So please give it another go, make sure you have 3.269

Yeah that means nVidia have finally fixed the international files bug :)

Guest Tester

CP is back! Thanks for the quick fix!

One observation, not sure if this is by design with the modded .inf, but if you do not have PhysX installed, the PhysX installer is not auto launched by the 177.92 installer. Tested the 3.269 .inf after I uninstalled PhysX. I had to manually run the PhysX installer after the driver install was complete.

CP is back! Thanks for the quick fix!

One observation, not sure if this is by design with the modded .inf, but if you do not have PhysX installed, the PhysX installer is not auto launched by the 177.92 installer. Tested the 3.269 .inf after I uninstalled PhysX. I had to manually run the PhysX installer after the driver install was complete.

nVidia have added a HKLM tweak to the INF (as have I)

[nv_PhysXInstall]

HKLM,"Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer",PhysXInstall,%REG_DWORD%,1

With the Geforce video driver it sets it to the above.

After install it must chack the value and run the PhysXinstaller then set the value to zero when done (as it has with my current new install value)

All very hard to tell as there is no clue as to what is getting installed

Please where can I find the 3.269 .inf?

I tried to download at "v177.92 XP 32bit | NVIDIA, 2008-08-15" topic, but the inf shows v 3.268 version

Thanks

Please where can I find the 3.269 .inf?

I tried to download at "v177.92 XP 32bit | NVIDIA, 2008-08-15" topic, but the inf shows v 3.268 version

Thanks

3.269 is only for Vista x86 and x64 as the fix only works for those 2 OS's

3.268 will work just fine with XP :)

Oh sorry and many thanks!

:)

3.268 only fixes the HD-DVD and BD thing really?

3.268 only fixes the HD-DVD and BD thing really?

3.268 = HD Playback fix (hopefully)

3.269 = HD Playback fix (hopefully) AND Control Panel not working fix

Remember the INF versions are cumulative ie any previous fixed get added to new ones

Guest mcurran
With the 177 series nVidia changed the way some files are installed in to the /windows/ dirs.

At first this didn't allow interernational Control Panel versions to work at all.

Please give this a try if you found that you were unable to open the control panel.

Only affects 177.92.

Are there any plans on working to get the fan control enabled for the Vista x64 drivers, or maybe supply an INF package without PowerMizer? I think that the only option for me to get fan control would be by editing my BIOS/VGA BIOS module, but I'm just curious if it's possible you could find a workaround supplied by the INF for us x64 users.

Its workin well, i had to manually update the driver tho (via device manager) as it failed to initialise for whatever reason, also had to manually install physX.

Oh n i dont have o/cing with ntune in this release :) What is the latest driver that does anybody? :)

What gpu do you have?

Only affects 177.92.

With these newer drivers (ones that I identify with the updated SLi screen that now has graphics cards connecting to a stream, instead of the visual of a second card being put into a system) I have one problem that has been fixed, but a more serious one that has arisen, keeping me from switching to these newer, better drivers.

Old Problem:

When using SLi with my 8800M GTX's, iTunes Coverflow (a feature I enjoy since all of my music has album art) would always run choppy and slow, but with SLi turned off, it would run flawlessly, especially because one 8800MGTX is powerful enough to flow through album covers without breaking sweat. Again, for some reason, when sli was turned on, itunes coverflow was choppy and slow. With these newer drivers however, even with SLi turned on, itunes coverflow runs flawlessly, not any faster than with sli turned off, but not any slower, as to be expected, since a single 8800M GTX runs coverflow perfectly. Again, the problem I've described here has been fixed by the newer drivers.

New Problem:

This problem is much more serious for my purposes, but only happens with these newer drivers (the ones with the updated SLi screen in the Nvidia Control Panel). When connecting to my hdtv using a DVI-HDMI cable, with sli turned on, games like counter-strike:source, world of warcraft, unreal tournament 3, and others all have visual streaking across the screen while I'm plaything them. When SLI is turned off, they run just fine. More specifically, as a way to *always* trigger the streaking, simply clicking "find servers" in Counter-Strike: Source, and then clicking any server name will cause visual streaking on the screen. It is important to note that when using older drivers (ones that have the tradiitional Sli screen), even while being connected to my tv and having sli turned on, these visual streaks never happened.

here is a link to a picture of the visual streaking:

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm256/z...hnoesis/001.jpg

if anyone would like to see a video of the streaking, let me know and I'll upload it to youtube or something.