LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvlddmkm stops responding only with DVD/WMP

pedrohsi

Hey all,

I have the Canadian bilingual version of Toshiba Satellite X200 (BG008C). On Vista32, only version 101.38 worked without issues, all the other nVidia drivers crashed during DVD playback (no matter what player I used).

On Vista64 i haven't been able to find the perfect driver - games all run fine, but during DVD playback with Media Player Classic or WMP, or watching only video stream in WMP causes the same crash (Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered).

Any ideas?

This question has come up a few times and the answer has always been: Change your drivers. Try the ones Michael suggested. They should work.

Also what kind of gpu do you have?

And I assume that those drivers are from an older series which your relatively new card would have trouble with. Seeing that you mentioned the 101.xx series. Try them and see. They may just work.

haha.. join the club! everyone wants the 'perfect' driver, but unfortunately you will have to sacrafice one or the other. (movies or games)

I'm getting real tired of trying all the new drivers that come along.. even 177.92 is giving me a headache.. staggered visuals just like every other 177 series driver... :)

Back to 175.63. For me thats the closest to perfect. games run very quick... only driver faster is 177.92. But.. movies are good too. (using MPclassic and VMR 9.0 renderless output)

interestingly enough, 177.81 seems to be the best so far - no issues with games at all, and only rare driver lockups with DVDs - i'm not sure i want to try 177.92 as they reported issues with it and some games - we'll see