LaptopVideo2Go Forums

8600m GT DDR3, 9600m GT or HD3650

Kayldera

Hi guys I'm currently looking for any of those cards in the mxm II format. If anybody has one to offer or when I could get one of those please tell me. Thank you in advance.

it will come down to a preference between ATI and Nvidia.

For me it would be Nvidia, as i have found more stability and performance. 9600 GT is better than 8600 GT... not by a lot.. but still...

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/store.html

check this site out.

it will come down to a preference between ATI and Nvidia.

For me it would be Nvidia, as i have found more stability and performance. 9600 GT is better than 8600 GT... not by a lot.. but still...

http://www.mxm-upgrade.com/store.html

check this site out.

What should I look for?

1) check e-bay or other internet auction sites for the card you desire. or search for MXM in this site. I know there is a section on MXM, so the users there may have a card you can buy, or offer more direct advice than i can give.

2) You will also need to look into the VGA BIOS of a prospective card, as it needs to be compatable with your system. like i said above, look at a specific section on this site as my system does not have MXM, so my knowledge is very limited..

Sorry i could not offer more direct advice.

Good luck !!