LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Trouble overclocking? try this, ntune needed

peterq2

Did This Work For You?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did This Work For You?

• yes
    • no

As a new member of this forum i was so pleased to see a thread about O/C instructions for the overwhelming GeForce 7150m, nice work everyone :) :)

Though i might already have all the info that i need by just reading the thread, i'm still trying to put some things together here, so if somebody could just guide me (and all other discouraged users of this GPU) through the steps for a successful OC, it would be much appreciated. My main concerns are:

-Which graphic drivers would work best? I currently use DOX's customized forceware v180.44, should i switch back to an older version or there is a chance this might work as is?

-Which of Nvidia's tuning applications is best? the older nTune or the newer nVidia system tools (versions 6.02/6.03)?

-Recommended settings? I realize it's a piece of hardware that doesn't need to be stressed much, i don't expect miracles, just some extra FPS to make some games somewhat playable

Thanx again

sorry, i forgot to mention my basic specs:

HP dv6636nr

1.9 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-58

2GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7150M (w/ DOX's custom Forceware v180.44 drivers)

Vista 32bit OS

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• peterq2

• Mushu

• joebizzle87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello below is my setting....

System default:

GPUCOREMHZ=425

GPUMEMMHZ=0

HTMULTIPLIER=3

the settings above should read

GPUCOREMHZ=425 ( try 475 )

GPUMEMMHZ=1

HTMULTIPLIER=3

you need to clock the memory by atleast 1Mhz to enable succesful gpu overclocking

it does work if i must say took me 2days and sleepless nights to achieve my settings for my nvidia geforce 7150M/630M is

235MHZ

3000MHZ

525MHZ

1MHZ

:P

Oh yes pics below, will run a 3dmark03 and update soon

used 179.13 forceware

thanks alot guys :)

ITS WIERD BECAUSE WHEN I RUN A 3D APPLICATION LIKE FOOTBALL MANAGER 2009 IT THE GPU CORE 3D DOWNCLOCKS AND WHEN I TAKE OFF THE APPLICATION IT OVERCLOCKS :)

STILL HAVING POWERMIZER ISSUES THE GPU DOESNT STAY CONSTANT ON 525MHz Sometimes drops to 100MHZ

pictures are

AFTER -------------------------------------------------------BEFORE

post-32660-1226963344_thumb.gif

post-32660-1226963513_thumb.gif

Edited by joebizzle87

I can confirm that this is also working for me using the latest DOX's customized forceware (180.44) and ntune 6.03 (included on the nvidia system tools package), although there are still some issues:

- New clock settings won't load on Vista Startup

- Either profile i try to load won't change the values back to default.

Any thoughts on these?

Also can anybody confirm that Riva tuner works with Geforce 7150M? I'd like to give it a shot if the options are better

Edited by kabi

I can confirm that this is also working for me using the latest DOX's customized forceware (180.44) and ntune 6.03 (included on the nvidia system tools package), although there are still some issues:

- New clock settings won't load on Vista Startup

- Either profile i try to load won't change the values back to default.

Any thoughts on these?

Also can anybody confirm that Riva tuner works with Geforce 7150M? I'd like to give it a shot if the options are better

riva tuner doesnt work for me im afraid and i have the same card. can you confirm what temperature your gpu is at when running a 3d application.........What kind of games do you play if any. i can confirm this has improved my graphics as ive set my gpu on a constant of 300mhz which isnt pushing it

riva tuner doesnt work for me im afraid and i have the same card. can you confirm what temperature your gpu is at when running a 3d application.........What kind of games do you play if any. i can confirm this has improved my graphics as ive set my gpu on a constant of 300mhz which isnt pushing it

with GPU clock set to 525 i get a maximum temperature of 72-73c, which i suppose is not bad at all.

The game i'm trying to play at the moment is Silent Hill Homecoming (i don't fool myself that it's playable with this GPU, i know that it's not and will never be, i'm just trying to get a couple of extra FPS)

Did you said your GPU clock is set permanently at 300mhz? That means it doesn't max out even within a game, right? FYI i keep my Powermizer on as i don't care about improving Vista performance

Edited by kabi

with GPU clock set to 525 i get a maximum temperature of 72-73c, which i suppose is not bad at all.

The game i'm trying to play at the moment is Silent Hill Homecoming (i don't fool myself that it's playable with this GPU, i know that it's not and will never be, i'm just trying to get a couple of extra FPS)

Did you said your GPU clock is set permanently at 300mhz? That means it doesn't max out even within a game, right? FYI i keep my Powermizer on as i don't care about improving Vista performance

yes i get to play some games on low 3d running smooth......turning off powermizer allows your system/graphics card to run at high performance :)

@joebizzle87: I messaged you with some info about the 7150M buddy. :)

Not work for me!

Change Mhz of CPU but not change Mhz of GPU :) Why??????????

I'v got 8400M G

Edited by Trustdesa

Method doesn't work out of 6 and 7 series range so it is likely you will get problems.

I'm having trouble understanding some of the CPU core clocks. All CPU's are different on clocks. For example you have 1.8GHz normally and I have 2.0Ghz normally (AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60).

My cpu went from a 1.8GHz to 2.25GHz.

But you overclocked it from 200 MHz to 250 MHz. Doesn't that mean it went to 2.5 GHz? I'm still learning how to read these clocks correctly, can anyone explain more briefly for me please and how about the HT Multiplier? So I think a multiplier of 12 and FSB of 200 the CPU will run at 2400 MHz right? :)

200 MHz (1.8 GHz at HT Multiplier at 3) to 250 MHz = 250 MHz x 3 = 750 x 3 = 2.25GHz (2250 MHz).

Edited by Shaythong

[boardConfiguration]

Version=200

CPU=6fa

MCP=65535

SPP=65534

GPU=NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT [Custom Forceware 178.24]

[ClockSettings]

FSBMHZ=0

AGPMHZ=0

PCIe2MHZ=0

TRAS=0

TRCD=0

TRP=0

GPUCOREMHZ=610

GPUMEMMHZ=475

[VoltageSettings]

CPUVOLTAGE=-1

NFORCEVOLTAGE=-1

MEMVOLTAGE=-1

AGPVOLTAGE=-1

AUXVOLTAGE=-1

CPUFAN=-1

AUXFAN1=-1

HTCPUSPPVOL=-1

HTSPPMCPVOL=-1

NFORCEFAN=-1

AUX1FAN=-1

AUX2FAN=-1

GPUFANPERIOD=0

GPUFAN3D=0

GPUFAN2D=0

I already changed GPU clocks but I just dont know what to type in FSBMHZ=0 and AGPMHZ=0.

You can see my setting at your left.

@idro: Can you take a screenshot of the motherboard settings control panel page?

@idro: Can you take a screenshot of the motherboard settings control panel page?

With which program should I do it?

-.-' i know how to take a screenshot, what i dont know is how to see motherboard settings.

Oh, sorry, lol :) , in ntune under performance, and view system information.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude Help!! :)

It just hurt my feelings to discovered that I have an underclocked 8600m GT in my macbook pro :'(.

Geforce 8600m GT is supposes to run at:

- 475Mhz Core Clock

- 700Mhz Memory Clock

but I had a MASSIVE underclock.. :

- 375Mhz Core Clock

- 502Mhz Memory Clock

.... which makes me confused to figure out the clock-limits for both.

And I also got 0Mhz in FSB which is weird.

here's my nvsutil.nsu file.

[boardConfiguration]

Version=200

CPU=10676

MCP=65535

SPP=65534

GPU=NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT

[ClockSettings]

FSBMHZ=0

AGPMHZ=0

PCIe2MHZ=0

TRAS=0

TRCD=0

TRP=0

GPUCOREMHZ=375

GPUMEMMHZ=502

[VoltageSettings]

CPUVOLTAGE=-1

NFORCEVOLTAGE=-1

MEMVOLTAGE=-1

AGPVOLTAGE=-1

AUXVOLTAGE=-1

CPUFAN=-1

AUXFAN1=-1

HTCPUSPPVOL=-1

HTSPPMCPVOL=-1

NFORCEFAN=-1

AUX1FAN=-1

AUX2FAN=-1

GPUFANPERIOD=0

GPUFAN3D=0

GPUFAN2D=0

..and Screenshot.

proof.jpg

@thepan: I would recommend using another tool than nTune (you're using an older version, but it works the same way) for your 8600M GT like Rivatuner.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone quick guide through this please, i got ntune, opened it saved a profile, and then what?