• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• peterq2

• Mushu

• joebizzle87

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peter, I tried your method and its not working (mine is acer 5930G GF 9600m GT).

It only change the reading in NVIDIA control panel (in performance tab).

But once I launch a game, the reading in rivatuner still the same. Has anyone sucessfull with this method tried to see the clocks with riva tuner or ntune system monitoring???

Has anyone sucesfull with OCing acer 5930????

@melon

i've no experiance with anyother gpu card only the 7000m sorry.

I have Added a poll and also edited the 1st post with

You Must Have A/C Power On For This To Work

plus a few little mistakes corrected

post back if this has fixed the problem of it not working for some of you

thanx

Unlikely this solution will work out of the 6 and 7 series range. So it isn't abnormal that this solution isn't working on your 8 and 9 series cards.

hi peterq2

firstly i read your post and seems like an interesting tweak

ive been having a prob with overclocking my 7900gs.....have tried rivatuner and others to overclock...nothing works...

i have an msi mobo and ntune 5.05

this is what i get when i save my profile

[boardConfiguration]

Version=200

CPU=40fb2

MCP=65535

SPP=65534

GPU=NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS

[ClockSettings]

FSBMHZ=0

AGPMHZ=0

PCIe2MHZ=0

TRAS=0

TRCD=0

TRP=0

GPUCOREMHZ=540

GPUMEMMHZ=660

i try saving different suitable values to gpucore and gpumem. then as i try to load the file it says...." There is a problem loading the profile ---- "

and i cant get to overclock anything....and yes, the normal way for me to try an up the clocks just resets them to default as i hit apply.

can you help out at all with this

or any link to previous versions of ntune or riva tuner v2.04 or something....since they probably dony have the overclocking locks or any other restrictions for that matter with overclocking

thanx

• 2 weeks later...

:) YES!

I've been looking for a solution at least for a week before finding yours - and it works! My appreciation, peterq2! :)

Now i'm testing with different drivers and nTune settings to see what can I pull from this GPU.

As of now, I can't really see any significant improvement even @450Mhz - of course 3DMark scores went up around 10-15% depending on the test settings, but I didn't experienced smoother gameplay, for example, in Star Trek Legacy or even in Caesar IV. I haven't tried any FPS yet, but will do it once Half Life 2 finishes downloading...

I got this notebook about a week ago and have to say, I was a bit disappointed with the graphics performance, hence my 'tuning' efforts.

A friend of mine, who's kind of an expert in overclocking and cooling issues, have promised to come over some day and help me. He told me that most probably the shared memory architecture will be the bottleneck.

BTW, whatever value I set for the GPU mem, nVidia Control Panel reports 333MHz. If I speed up FSB, it has an immediate effect on CPU and main memory clock as well, however, GPU mem stand still rock solid @333MHz. From my understanding it should move together with the others. Interesting...

Please let me know your thoughts and share us the latest developments on your experiments as well. I will do so. Thanks again!

post-30519-1223582330_thumb.jpg

Well I managed to overclock my settings in Windows Vista to these using 179.13 with PowerMizer off on the 7150M / 630M (AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.00 GHz with 3GB RAM):

Motherboard - Reference Clock (HTT): 200 MHz to 231 MHz

Motherboard - Reference Block (PCI-E): 2,500 MHz to 3,000 MHz

GPU - Core Bus: 425 MHz to 550 MHz

GPU - Memory Bus: 0 MHz to 1 MHz

I edited the profile info manually in NotePad (just changed the GPU - Core Bus) and now I can edit it in the nTune manager without going into the file, unless there is a problem. Also you said "GPUMEMMHZ=0 changed to 667" in your first post but you told me to go to 1 MHz GPU - Memory Bus because you said I had a shared memory graphics card.

I try not to clock the memory speed if its shared graphics i just do it by 1MHz otherwise the method at the start won't work.

Those settings are pretty stable except with 550 MHz there will be some white stuff that pops up in some games, but it's a very small amount compared to 560 MHz (at which it crashes after a couple of minutes).

If I were to bring my Motherboard Reference Clock (HTT) from 200 MHz to 242 MHz instead then games would load pretty fast, except my screen turns black after a couple of minutes into play and then I have to restart the computer. Maybe I can bring it up to 242 MHz at least if I can under-voltage but I don't think that under-voltage will allow me to do this still. Also I think 242 MHz will be a good maximum because at 250 MHz the computer freezes. If anyone thinks that this is possible, please do tell. :)

I'll keep on testing more games with these settings and see if it's stable. I'm going to try this on my dual-boot of Windows XP as well when I get time (which is my main O/S).

Edited by Shaythong

lol I know this trick since 5 months ago....

dibujoxk3.th.jpgthpix.gif

I overclocked too with ATItool........

NOTE: This overclocking up to 500 mhz of core will cause the video adapter restart in some games (this is by the artifacts)

Sorry for my poor english, im from mexico

http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=1fvpeT7w3Ko

Edited by alex007600

Guest highwayhigh

I still don't understand it, though. The 169.04 drivers overclock great with my HP Dv6875se with 8400M GS. But that is literally the ONLY driver I can get to work and overclock, so it can't be a bios block. I know I'm not the only one with this problem too. Has anybody been able to figure what it is about the 169.04 that lets you overclock?

*just to restate the obvious, this fix didn't work for me at all using 177.92*

Have you been able to overclck with riva tuner? Or is this problem with ntune and all other overclocking software.

Guest HighwayHigh
Have you been able to overclck with riva tuner? Or is this problem with ntune and all other overclocking software.

Riva and Ntune work with 169.04. Any later drivers automatically reset to 400gpu/400mem when I attempt to overclock. I can go down, but not up.

UPDATE

this only seems to work with drivers 17x.xx and older with ntune 6.02 not 6.03

Ntune work only for who have a nforce mainboard ?

My acer 5720Z with nvidia 9300m G have a Acer Nettiling mainboard with chipset Intel PM965... it will work ?

Help me pls, i can overclock my 9300m G only with 169.04 driver!

windows vista home premiun & Intel Core 2 Duo T2390 Merom 1,86 Ghz

Well, have you tried it to see? I don't see why it wouldn't though.

Well, have you tried it to see? I don't see why it wouldn't though.

if u check the info about ntune it say that support only nforce chipset... i wont install it for crash then my system :)

I misinterpreted your question originally, sorry. No, for your card and mobo you would be far better off with overclocking software like riva tuner.

Well I managed to overclock my settings in Windows Vista to these using 179.13 with PowerMizer off on the 7150M / 630M (AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 2.00 GHz with 3GB RAM):

Motherboard - Reference Clock (HTT): 200 MHz to 231 MHz

Motherboard - Reference Block (PCI-E): 2,500 MHz to 3,000 MHz

GPU - Core Bus: 425 MHz to 550 MHz

GPU - Memory Bus: 0 MHz to 1 MHz

I edited the profile info manually in NotePad (just changed the GPU - Core Bus) and now I can edit it in the nTune manager without going into the file, unless there is a problem. Also you said "GPUMEMMHZ=0 changed to 667" in your first post but you told me to go to 1 MHz GPU - Memory Bus because you said I had a shared memory graphics card.

Those settings are pretty stable except with 550 MHz there will be some white stuff that pops up in some games, but it's a very small amount compared to 560 MHz (at which it crashes after a couple of minutes).

If I were to bring my Motherboard Reference Clock (HTT) from 200 MHz to 242 MHz instead then games would load pretty fast, except my screen turns black after a couple of minutes into play and then I have to restart the computer. Maybe I can bring it up to 242 MHz at least if I can under-voltage but I don't think that under-voltage will allow me to do this still. Also I think 242 MHz will be a good maximum because at 250 MHz the computer freezes. If anyone thinks that this is possible, please do tell. :)

I'll keep on testing more games with these settings and see if it's stable. I'm going to try this on my dual-boot of Windows XP as well when I get time (which is my main O/S).

i have the same card, but cant overclock GPU core speed and others, only the CPU from 200mhz to 230 Mhz. im using 180.42 dox driver with 6.10 ntune..

what version of ntune did u use?>

thanks

I used ntune version 6.02 and it works. What error message do you get if any?

It is quite possibly either. First try the 177.92 drivers and check back.

It is quite possibly either. First try the 177.92 drivers and check back.

No problem. I use ntune and forceware 177.92.

• 3 weeks later...

hello below is my setting....

System default:

[boardConfiguration]

Version=200

CPU=60f81

MCP=1127

GPU=NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M

[ClockSettings]

FSBMHZ=200

AGPMHZ=2500

PCIe2MHZ=0

TRAS=10

TRCD=2

TRP=2

TRC=10

TWR=2

TRRD=1

TRWT=2

TWTR=2

TWRRD=0

TWRWR=1

TRDRD=0

TREF=0

GPUCOREMHZ=425

GPUMEMMHZ=0

HTMULTIPLIER=3

[VoltageSettings]

CPUVOLTAGE=-1

NFORCEVOLTAGE=-1

MEMVOLTAGE=-1

AGPVOLTAGE=-1

AUXVOLTAGE=-1

CPUFAN=-1

AUXFAN1=-1

HTCPUSPPVOL=-1

HTSPPMCPVOL=-1

NFORCEFAN=-1

AUX1FAN=-1

AUX2FAN=-1

GPUFANPERIOD=0

GPUFAN3D=0

GPUFAN2D=0

changed all you asked on the nvidia geforce 7150M/630M and im running forceware 179.13 ive tried overclocking many ways but my gpu core speed remains at 100MHz. When i edit the nvsutil file and save and reload it doesnt change the gpu settings only the motherboard settings....is there any otherway ive also tried the regedit mode recommended switching powermizer off but still dont notice any differend...football manager 2009 3dengine runs very slow :) just need more fps

thanks

post-32660-1226906342_thumb.gif

post-32660-1226906354_thumb.gif

Edited by joebizzle87

As a new member of this forum i was so pleased to see a thread about O/C instructions for the overwhelming GeForce 7150m, nice work everyone :) :)

Though i might already have all the info that i need by just reading the thread, i'm still trying to put some things together here, so if somebody could just guide me (and all other discouraged users of this GPU) through the steps for a successful OC, it would be much appreciated. My main concerns are:

-Which graphic drivers would work best? I currently use DOX's customized forceware v180.44, should i switch back to an older version or there is a chance this might work as is?

-Which of Nvidia's tuning applications is best? the older nTune or the newer nVidia system tools (versions 6.02/6.03)?

-Recommended settings? I realize it's a piece of hardware that doesn't need to be stressed much, i don't expect miracles, just some extra FPS to make some games somewhat playable

Thanx again