LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Flash Playback w/ Vista and 8600m

samureye

Hey guys, I have always had a really bad problem with my flash playback in vista. Fullscreen flash video from www.revision3.com is choppy and is slightly better when not fullscreen, but it's still not smooth. I uninstalled and installed flash player and wonder now if it could be my video drivers. I cannot remember what my flash video was like when I first got this laptop, but I do know I changed the drivers last year some time to play Bioshock. I don't suppose there's another video driver I should use along with things I can change in the nVidia CP perhaps that would make flash play better? I know Vista and flash have had some problems but on an old XP laptop the video playback for fullscreen flash over at Revision3.com is great, so something is really wrong not being able to play it here. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Have you checked the "Hardware Acceleration" setting in Flash Player? To get to this, just right-click on a flash applet and click Settings. One of the tabs has this option. If it is currently off, try on, and vice-versa.

Have you checked the "Hardware Acceleration" setting in Flash Player? To get to this, just right-click on a flash applet and click Settings. One of the tabs has this option. If it is currently off, try on, and vice-versa.

Oh man thank you, that helps quite a bit, but it's not quite there yet. (I was by a friend who had a macbook and was watching videos and saw how smooth and easily it went to fullscreen which made me make this topic).

Should I look at changing my video drivers too? What about settings in the nvidia CP?

Edited by samureye