Help please!

Saidinho10

I have a acer 5520G

And my videocard is a Geforce 8400M G

I am also running vista ultimate SP1

My problem i get always this error:

The screen freeze and goes black after that this is showing:

Display driver stopped and has succesfully recoverd

It happens al the time i cant find the the driver that is solving this problem. I did get the official driver from the site same problem i did download the latest driver on this site same problem occurs. Especially when i start windows movie maker or a game. I want to publish and if i do then my screen goes black and de message appears and my publishing also stops.

I hope someone can reccommend me the proper driver for this problem.

Edited by Saidinho10

I have fixed the problem finally:D:D

The driver 176.37 solved this whole problem. I finally can do everything again.

Common problem with some drivers. Glad you resolved it.

The problem is still there. I thought i solved it because a long time i did not get the error. But today it appeared again. So if anyone knows the proper driver again please tell me.

Try the 177.92 drivers.

Or the 174.74

Try the 177.92 drivers.

Or the 174.74

The 174.74 made it a lot worser. Dam my whole screen did flip out. I have put the driver 176.37 back again. After a while the error accurs . I really need some help here i am getting crazy. Also the new driver 177.92 did not work.

Just out of curiousity what are your gpu temps?

Just out of curiousity what are your gpu temps?

It's not the temp of my gpu if i only 5 minutes on my laptop then the temp is 38 nog higher and still the problem will come.

I' am know working via my standard vga card. That is really annoying. But i appriciate youre help man. So if you know anything else i will hear it out

Have you done a full driver cleanout before reinstalling? I used to have that issue all the time but full cleanout seemed to fix it once i found a driver that didnt crash all the time.

^^Yes, do this (if you haven't): Boot into safe mode and uninstall your drivers. Then run driver sweeper just to remove any remaining fragments and then re-install your driver. This may work.

I've tried it with driver sweep and in safe mode i unistalled the driver. Then i downloaded the official driver but it did not work at all. So now i'am going to use a driver from this site and i hope that will work.

With the driver 176.37 it did not work. The problem is still there after a driver sweep.

I don't know which i could try anymore i tried so much!!

Reinstall windows completely and only install a new driver is the only thing i can think to try.

Well, something seems wrong there, beyond that of the scope of which drivers can fix, I would recommend, however, upgrading your os to xp and try your luck. As you said, the problem seems to indicate an issue that is not (only) the fault of the drivers and which re-installing your os could remedy.

Hello guys first of all thanx for al the reactions. My problem is fixed.

I did a clean install and after that i installed the drivers from the acer site but the error was still there after that. So then i thougt dam there is no solution anymore. Then i did one last thing before i gave up. I typt in google: Nvidia geforece 8400M G drivers

I came in a forum where someone had the same videocard as me and he was looking for a proper driver. So the link was from laptopvideo2go. The driver that has fixed my problem once and for all is 163.16 This one safed my lappie and i'am really glad i'am 2 days working with my acer no problems at all. It's a shame that on the site of Acer there is no proper driver and Nvidia is not giving the proper drivers of the videocards for some of us. But now i can do anything :)

Thanx a lot guys :)

I would recommend, however, upgrading your os to xp and try your luck.

I, too, recommend upgrading (no typo) from Vista to XP. XP has no such problem with the TDRs, and performance in general is better.