LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please please pleas help! Toshiba P200 with GeForce� Go 7600

Gobbie

:)

Hi all,

I just wish there is someone that can help me with this one! :o( I have a Satellite P200-144 Laptop with a 256mb GeForce? Go 7600 supporting TurboCache? technology.

http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi...&service=UK

(Thats if you need to know the full spec)

I have of many occasions tried to install new drivers but it will either say that it's not for my gfx card or give me the BSOD. I use DJ software that can display music videos on a 2nd screen but when I put the music videos onto the ext display everything flickers...it's not even in the program...it just flickers like mad just opening up the second screen in Vista without even using the program!.... it then doesn't find the ext diplay and goes mad inclusing a horrible clicking/hissing/popping noise through the sound card. I just need to find a gfx driver that will stop this so I can use the software. I've never been so disapointed in a laptop in my life!

If there is someone out there that can help me resolve this you will be a GOD!!

Many thanks in advance!

Gobbie

Have you tried using Windows XP? Many video problems such as this can be caused by Vista. If you are not willing to try XP, then what driver versions are you using?

Thank you very much for your reply... I have only got Vista with the laptop :o( so it looks like I'm staying on Vista. :o( At the moment I'm at work so will check at home but I have tried a couple off of here with no avail as they say that I need to get the drivers from Toshiba :o(

If you could help me with a walk through you would be amazing!!

Last drivers that I used without things crashing but still flickering problems is a driver called = Xtreme-G Mobile 163.67

Thank you for any help.

Having a look at the info on the website, it appears as if there are Windows XP drivers available for all of your hardware. Additionally, it is possible under the Vista licensing system to use an older version of Windows, such as XP. I would check on that, if I were you.

Hi Micheal,

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by that :o( How would I get a version of XP?

Thank you very much for your support.