LaptopVideo2Go Forums

9700M GT Overclocking

Guest Drake

I have an Asus G50 Laptop with a 9700M GT

I cannot overclock the card fully, I can however overclock the shader which is currently @ 1800 but my Memory and Core stay at stock Speeds.

I have tried every method of getting them to work.

If anyone has any info or tips it would be great..

Also I overclocked with Ntune... For some reason Rivatuner shows my Cores as 400(core)/800(shader)/350(mem)

I can't over clock with Rivatuner because of the same problem.

Ntune only lets me down clock.

My ASUS came with hybrid-overclocking utility in DirectConsole2.0. It increases the Core and Shader speed by 25 MHZ/50MHZ respectively but only in three increments.

Thats why I say its a hybrid. Nothing else lets me change the clock speed on it.

I can't over clock with Rivatuner because of the same problem.

Ntune only lets me down clock.

My ASUS came with hybrid-overclocking utility in DirectConsole2.0. It increases the Core and Shader speed by 25 MHZ/50MHZ respectively but only in three increments.

Thats why I say its a hybrid. Nothing else lets me change the clock speed on it.

It seems you are not alone. My 9600GT cant be overlcoked as well,riva Tuner also shows incorrect info of 400\800\400(suppose to be 500\1250\400) and Ntune competely Refuses to work.

but seems there is a light in the tunnel : http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/index....amp;#entry87124

try 169.04 + Ntune.

DID it work?

Edited by leshcat

• 2 weeks later...

Try measure your clock while running 3D games with rivatuner.

My 9600m GT clocked 167/500/300 core/shader/mem while idling and 500/1250/800 while playing games.

Edited by melon

Try measure your clock while running 3D games with rivatuner.

My 9600m GT clocked 167/500/300 core/shader/mem while idling and 500/1250/800 while playing games.

Its powermizer or mobile vista stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Asus G50 Laptop with a 9700M GT

I cannot overclock the card fully, I can however overclock the shader which is currently @ 1800 but my Memory and Core stay at stock Speeds.

I have tried every method of getting them to work.

If anyone has any info or tips it would be great..

Also I overclocked with Ntune... For some reason Rivatuner shows my Cores as 400(core)/800(shader)/350(mem)

Try flashing your VGA card. It's working for me. Before, I have the exact same problem with your's.

1. download NiBitor and nvflash

2. Make bootable usb flash disk

2. Read your old bios and make copy

3. Modified the gpu/shader/mem speed in 3D/Max mode

4. Safe it to new bios

5. boot in dos mode then flash your card with nvflash

Try flashing your VGA card. It's working for me. Before, I have the exact same problem with your's.

1. download NiBitor and nvflash

2. Make bootable usb flash disk

2. Read your old bios and make copy

3. Modified the gpu/shader/mem speed in 3D/Max mode

4. Safe it to new bios

5. boot in dos mode then flash your card with nvflash

How to cratea bootable usb flash disk from vista???

How to cratea bootable usb flash disk from vista???

1. Download and install HP flash disk formatting program.

You can find it here www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usbkey/usbmemkeyboot.zip

2.Download DOS zip file here.

You can find it here www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usbkey/win98boot.zip

3. format your usb using FAT format and tick (Create DOS Bootable)

4. Chose the downloaded DOS file.

Voila!!!!

You need to set the booting sequence in your BIOS. Make sure your laptop boot the USB Flash disk

enjoy....

1. Download and install HP flash disk formatting program.

You can find it here www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usbkey/usbmemkeyboot.zip

2.Download DOS zip file here.

You can find it here www.bay-wolf.com/utility/usbkey/win98boot.zip

3. format your usb using FAT format and tick (Create DOS Bootable)

4. Chose the downloaded DOS file.

Voila!!!!

You need to set the booting sequence in your BIOS. Make sure your laptop boot the USB Flash disk

enjoy....

Tnx for this, but when i'm in 'dos' i have no access to a removable disk,where is my nvflash and bios.....I only have C: in 'dos'???

Tnx for this, but when i'm in 'dos' i have no access to a removable disk,where is my nvflash and bios.....I only have C: in 'dos'???

To modify BIOS, I already explained it (forgot to mention, use NiBitor) --> in windows mode.

Before flashing:

- Uninstall your display driver (also use driver sweeper for NVIDIA).

- Uninstall all your tuning apps (Ntune, riva tuner etc)

You should put nvflash program (NVFlash.exe) and both your original BIOS and your modified BIOS in the flash disk (do it in while in windows mode).

Boot in dos using the same flash disk, C:/ IS now your flash disk...

To flash your card type: C:/nvflash.exe -A -j -4 -5 -6 (your modified bios name).rom

If everything works fine, restart your laptop and boot into windows.

If you fail, DON'T restart!!!!!...... Flash it again using your original BIOS....

I don't know what message you will have if you failed (I only done it once, and its sucessfull)

Reinstall your display driver, I don;t recommend to install ntune as its not needed anymore.

You can install riva tuner ONLY to monitor your clock speed and temps.

Edited by melon

To modify BIOS, I already explained it (forgot to mention, use NiBitor) --> in windows mode.

Before flashing:

- Uninstall your display driver (also use driver sweeper for NVIDIA).

- Uninstall all your tuning apps (Ntune, riva tuner etc)

You should put nvflash program (NVFlash.exe) and both your original BIOS and your modified BIOS in the flash disk (do it in while in windows mode).

Boot in dos using the same flash disk, C:/ IS now your flash disk...

To flash your card type: C:/nvflash.exe -A -j -4 -5 -6 (your modified bios name).rom

If everything works fine, restart your laptop and boot into windows.

If you fail, DON'T restart!!!!!...... Flash it again using your original BIOS....

I don't know what message you will have if you failed (I only done it once, and its sucessfull)

Reinstall your display driver, I don;t recommend to install ntune as its not needed anymore.

You can install riva tuner ONLY to monitor your clock speed and temps.

TNX!!!! i dont know that is C: my flash drive tnx......and I use nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosname.rom

Fully stable @ 750/1750/1850 :)

Edited by Dexy

TNX!!!! i dont know that is C: my flash drive tnx......and I use nvflash -4 -5 -6 biosname.rom

Fully stable @ 750/1750/1850 :)

Welcome to the club!!!

Make sure you monitor your temps.... make sure you don't fry your graphic card.

Welcome to the club!!!

Make sure you monitor your temps.... make sure you don't fry your graphic card.

:) ....Temp is max 60c in riva monitoring.......Are the voltage editor in nibitor working for 9600m gt???

:) ....Temp is max 60c in riva monitoring.......Are the voltage editor in nibitor working for 9600m gt???

I don't recommend to change voltage.

But you do can change the voltage in NiBitor.

Why would you change it anyway? You've got quite good clock with your current OC

I don't recommend to change voltage.

But you do can change the voltage in NiBitor.

Why would you change it anyway? You've got quite good clock with your current OC

:) ....I try to put voltago to 1.1

@melon - Colud you please view what's the default voltage for Extra in Nibitor??? I put to 1.1v and forget to save default bios :)

Edited by Dexy

:) ....I try to put voltago to 1.1

@melon - Colud you please view what's the default voltage for Extra in Nibitor??? I put to 1.1v and forget to save default bios :)

My default clock is 1.05 V (but mines is 9600m GT and yours 8700m GT I believe).

So I don't know wether its applicable.

Anyway, have you tried play crysis with the OC setting?

Mine is keep crashing at 650/1550/1900 so I have to lower it to 600/1500/1600

My default clock is 1.05 V (but mines is 9600m GT and yours 8700m GT I believe).

So I don't know wether its applicable.

Anyway, have you tried play crysis with the OC setting?

Mine is keep crashing at 650/1550/1900 so I have to lower it to 600/1500/1600

TNX.....no mine is same as yours, 9600m gt, i wrong enter in profile.....My is stable @ 725/1700/1800..... :)

TNX.....no mine is same as yours, 9600m gt, i wrong enter in profile.....My is stable @ 725/1700/1800..... :)

Well, I guess you're lucky..... your graphic card seems to come from a better batch than mine.

Good for you!!!

I'm quite satisfied with my current clock anyway :)

I know im stating the obvious. Remember to monitor your temps regularly! If you get over 90 0c then crank it back to stock immediately. see if temps revert back to normal. if not then you can seek warantee. (a fried GPU will not display anything so you wont be able to change BIOS after this point) If you leave it at overclocked BIOS then warantee will be void. Manufacturers do check BIOS before proceeding with warantee issues. Especially GPU ones.

Good work guys!

• 4 weeks later...

I cannot clock higher than 600 core and 845 mem. All OC-Programs I have tried do not work (rivatuner, ati-tool, EVGA Precision, Powerstrip etc). The only thing that works is coolbits2. But I cannot adjust shader freq. with that. I also don`t understand why Nibitor doesn`t show me ANY frequencies in my Bios. GPU-Z shows me nothing under shader !

What am I doing wrong ?

post-5705-1226737131_thumb.gif

post-5705-1226737136_thumb.gif

post-5705-1226737140_thumb.gif

I suggest you login to the Nibitor forums and contact Mavke, he'll certainly help.

Edited by ninja_pig

I did, but for some reason I got into an argument with him. He took my not so elegant critique on the forumssoftware personal.....

I know for a fact that he's a great guy, you probably did something serious to pi$$ him off... He is developing nibitor for free, no donations are coming in, but he still manages to be great at administering his forums, and being a good helper about anything related to his app.

Maybe he got up on the wrong side of the bed that day... who knows, but I suggest you apologize.

EDIT:

Just glanced over the conversation between you two... And now I realise what happened there.

Well, the only way I / we can help you is to update our 9600M GT BIOS-es, for you to try out and flash.

Here's mine:

G96_M.bin

Edited by ninja_pig

I don`t know of which card that bios was from, but it doesn`t work. I also tried an Acer, HP, MSI Bios with no luck.

But this timge, when I was flashing, I realized something interesting. The nvflash program tells me that the original bios is a G94 bios. The bios`s that I try to flash are usually G96. I am not really sure what this means. Also I don`t understand why GPU-Z and other programs show me G96 not G94 as nvflash tells me (with the original bios)