LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No HDMI audio using other driver than HP?

jimmyave

Hi!

Right now i'm using HPs driver 167.43 - that's the only driver I can use to get the HDMI audio to function correctly.

Anyone know how to get for an example version 177.89 to work with HDMI audio?

I've tried to look at the .inf file and figure out if there is something I need to add... but couldn't find anything special.

Thank you!

// Jimmy

Try updating your soundcard drivers + switch 2 SPDIF, then plug your HDMI & completly re-install VGA/display driver with HDMI connected........ :)

Try updating your soundcard drivers + switch 2 SPDIF, then plug your HDMI & completly re-install VGA/display driver with HDMI connected........ :)

My onboard sound card have the latest driver available and i've tried your suggestion many many times... Still no luck.

Thanks anyway...

hi, got a similar problem.

i can only use hps drivers or the one provided in windows update. its version 174.70.

my problem is hdmi doesnt work at all (no sound/video), with the latest drivers provieded here.

any ideas?

• 1 month later...