LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Overclocking 9500m GS

Guest GAYLORD

Original core clocks for your card/ my too have the same lappy... are 475mhz core, 400mhz memory, 950mhz shader..... Overclocking the laptop is very hard as acer has put a lock on their frequencies and you have to scan the registry for the right string.....i haven't found it good luck

I have mine OCed to 500Mhz core, 1000Mhz Shader, and 425Mhz Memory clock. I also have my laptop on a Zither cooler and it still gets warm. I wouldnt recommend it with this video card. It gets warm without OCing.

First read my profile off to the right. It clearly says what I have. Second I know what GPU I have in my laptop. It is the same exact GPU in question: the 9500GS 512Mb DDR2 GPU. I have included some pictures for you of what GPU I have, stock clocks, and my overclocks. KThxBai.

post-10300-1220542786_thumb.jpg

post-10300-1220542807_thumb.jpg

post-10300-1220542796_thumb.jpg

Guest GAYLORD

Oh and one more question, looks like we have same laptops. Can u run Crysis on 1204x704 dx 10 everything on very high except shaders? What do u prefer 177.83 or 177.92. Or which one is better for games?

I have never tried Crysis, but I have asked in other forums about it. This video card can handle any game on high except Crysis. It will play on Medium to low settings at most. Even people with 10,000 systems cant run Crysis on high.

In the second picture I posted there is a box that says apply settings at start up. Check that and hit apply. Also there is a profile box under that. Save it in a profile called what ever you want and make sure thats the profile to apply at start up and it should work.

Edited by Whitedragon551

Guest GAYLORD

Thank you dragooooon. But the thing is that i can run crysis everythng on high except shaders and shadows. Also i can run with very high textures. Without overclocking !!! NOw ill try to overclock. And which games can u run on very high?>? the most recent games.

Guest GAYLORD

acer rly putted locks on oveclocking. When i restarted my comp it was doing liek ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding about hunred times . So if anyone knows how to break the lock ill be rly rly rly happy. Cos i play games a lot:(

Thank you dragooooon. But the thing is that i can run crysis everythng on high except shaders and shadows. Also i can run with very high textures. Without overclocking !!! NOw ill try to overclock. And which games can u run on very high?>? the most recent games.

I have no idea. I have never tried the game. I was told this by people who run computer shops and make a living off of building and selling computers.

Some of the most graphic intensive games Ive tried are Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Bioshock, GRID, and a few others.

Edited by Whitedragon551

Didn't i tell you that Acer has locks on the clock???? I have not found it and am very technically savvy it might be with in the acer.exe as was a trojan.... but if You or i delete it then, our media bad does not work :) and that is a great feature!! anyways if i do find the lock from the clocks i will post the string that is locking the clocks...

• 5 weeks later...
:) (( this is really getting on my nerves. Why the F.. cant i save the profile on 500mhz of core clock??? But f its on defaults then i can save it;

Guest i unlocked the overclock its so easy ok first you gotaa open

1:RIVATUNER

2:GO TO POWER USER

3:RIVATUNER/NVIDIA/OVERCLOCKING

4:you ull see a Thing that i called DisableMemResetProtection Right beside it theres like a empty space Click it And Type (1) dont forget to cheak the Mark of it Youll see a Light bulb

Ok this is most effective if you want to run highest performence all the time

Under the Disable like 4 steps youll see (EnablePerfLevelForcing)'

Set it to (1) Just type

Ok know begain to overclock

1:500/1004/425

2:Click the force constant performence level set it to 3D PERFORMENCE and click save if you see then apply

6:Restart

HAVE FUN Thanks for reading my tutorail

Warning this will increase you'r Temp to 60c while gaming CRISIS OR WIC 69c

you must have a cooling pad or dont block the AIR thing always open Air conditioner if you got one

30C WHILE SNOWY DAY -10

Hm...

On my Asus GS1-B1, GF 9500m GS when I do nothing min temparature 69 C, When I playing Crysis 90C

Driver 177.84

With overclocking (500/1000/425) temperature + couple degree

3DMark06 1024x768

Original driver 4300

177.84 4600

177.84 Over 4800

On all drivers temperature is about the same.

Is someone know temperature should be so hi for this model or its something wrong with my device?

Thank you!

I dont know Celsius temps. If I had Fahrenheit I could tell you.

194 is too hot. When I overclocked mine I didnt hit anything above 180. The hottest I got was 178. I did have a cooler though.

Hm...

On my Asus GS1-B1, GF 9500m GS when I do nothing min temparature 69 C, When I playing Crysis 90C

Driver 177.84

With overclocking (500/1000/425) temperature + couple degree

3DMark06 1024x768

Original driver 4300

177.84 4600

177.84 Over 4800

On all drivers temperature is about the same.

Is someone know temperature should be so hi for this model or its something wrong with my device?

Thank you!

Huh, don't you have a 8600M GT GDDR3?

Huh, don't you have a 8600M GT GDDR3?

I'm pretty sure i have 9500m GS DDR2. Why are you asking?

Edited by Sandro_783

194 is too hot. When I overclocked mine I didnt hit anything above 180. The hottest I got was 178. I did have a cooler though.

Could you post your 3dmark 06 scores if you have?

By the way witch gadget do you use for showing temperature in windows sidebar?

Thx!

I dont have a 3d Mark score. I use Everest for my temps though. It has side bar support. Its $30 for the pro edition.

It does not work on 64bit if i'm correct, so he can't use it.