LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WTB Bios Hack/Mod...

kane3162

ok... I got $40 in my Paypal right now (maybe $50 i gotta double check) that I am willing to pay up to anyone who can hack/mod an HP bios to change the algorithms that control the fan speed... in the latest bios they did an adjustment on the algorithms so it doesn't come on so much... sadly.. that means when i use my PC at ALL... from simple downloads to even just typing this post... the damn CPU/GPU heats up to 180F (CPU actually got to 220F before the PC shut down... and i was just downloading a STEAM update for TF2...) before the BIOS update it toped out at 170 before fans went full speed... now... it NEVER goes full speed... i thought about going back to the older BIOS but this BIOS version supports the 4GB i have in my notebook but the old one only showed 2GB...

Can someone Mod/Hack the BIOS for me so that it runs at 100% all the time... noise is no obsticle and its a desktop replacement so power is not an issue either...

Thanks to anyone who can help me...

Edited by kane3162

• 1 year later...
Guest cromalhao at hotmail

bump for complete and total seriousness...

well the best way is to do a hard mod of the fan with a thermistor controling the trigger point of the fan or

by software you alter the read of cpu temperature

or try do undervolt the cpu for lower temperature or lower the gpu clocks