LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with CS 1.6

Guest ~cRN

Hi !! [sorry for my eng. ;(] I have problem with cs 1.6 . I have newest drivers and cant get 100 fps !!! And my fps jumping from 90 to 30. Before i dont have the problem (minimum 150 fps). Ive trying 174.xx etc. and reinstalled windows. But still same problem ;(

ps. in nvidia control panel i have settings on high perfomance. not quality.

What type of computer do you have? What video card? What driver were you using before?

Guest CodeCrackerx9

Try using v-snyc. I am not sure that is will help your FPS dipping but it should better stabilize the FPS in game. Plus FPS more than your refresh rate is a waste. Your monitor cannot display frames that fast and it causes tearing in game. I would recommend anyone to use v-sync with there computer if they have FPS higher than 60 (or your monitors refresh rate)

Hope this helps!

I agree that using vsync might help. Normally, when computers get refresh rates that high, the screen tears horribly unless you enable vsync.