LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Spore + 7900 GS in SLi

Redeemer

Hey guys, just got spore, and in order to play the game, I have to turn SLi Off! what gives? I just got hte 175.32 drivers from Nvidia's website, dated aug 5th 2008.

Says my drivers are out of date...and disable SLi to play the game.......sure it runs with SLi off....but rather play it at a higher resolution! =(

anyone get this game working w/ SLi and running two 7900GS in SLi ? which drivers?

Guest danfromdanville

This happened to me as well using version 175.19 June 23, 2008. I have two setups with 7900 sli configs. One is a PC that I built with two evga 7900gt and I have an Alienware with two 7900 go. Both with even the most current drivers give me the same error.

More strangly on a related topic, with the most recent nvidia driver for my PC, my second card says it has an error and it can't be started. However, when I search for the last archieved driver that nvidia has, version 169.21 December 19, 2007, both cards can be used in SLI mode and work perfectly. Anyone else ever see this?

This happened to me as well using version 175.19 June 23, 2008. I have two setups with 7900 sli configs. One is a PC that I built with two evga 7900gt and I have an Alienware with two 7900 go. Both with even the most current drivers give me the same error.

More strangly on a related topic, with the most recent nvidia driver for my PC, my second card says it has an error and it can't be started. However, when I search for the last archieved driver that nvidia has, version 169.21 December 19, 2007, both cards can be used in SLI mode and work perfectly. Anyone else ever see this?

***This was my reply before I registered***

The game is looking for a driver version of 176.00 for multi GPU.

So to fix this we need to change the driver version it accepts to same or less than the driver we are using for.

go into c:\program files\Electronic arts\SPORE\DATA\Config

then open configmaker.txt in note pad and then go to edit and find search for "117600" it will highlight then replace it with 117519

save and play.

works for me and driver's 175.32

• 2 weeks later...