LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v177.98 Windows Vista 32bit | NVIDIA

mobilenvidia

I have the same problem with digital vibrance. Even when monitor comes back from screensaver mode, the colours are glowing because of digital vibrance at 100%.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andrew55

• mobilenvidia

• Mushu

• Dark Keitaro

Damn, I didn't have the problem but then went to the cp and changed to value to see the effect that it had on the desktop and now i got the same problem... grrr

I've scrolling problem (mega delay) w/ AERO

I should enable/disable it everytime I turn on my lappy xD

What's the difference between modded INF and original INF? just supporting mobility ?

Edited by P.J

I have the same problem with digital vibrance. Even when monitor comes back from screensaver mode, the colours are glowing because of digital vibrance at 100%.

Same here. Performance are good.

Lost Cost at 1280 8x AF 88 fps with all to Max, very good.

Edited by Pk77

for all those having problems with downclocking: try an older system bios.

i found out my 5920g doesnt downclock anymore since i downgraded to bios version 3708.

i think in later bios versions acer added early downclocking to prevent nvidia chips from overheating.

Hi!

I have a Dell M1530 with XP and Vista Ultimate.

I have Assassin's Creed installed on XP. With any drivers i have tested (on both systems), the performance under XP is a lot much better than in Vista (i mean that i can play @ 1440x900 in XP, while i have to play @ 800x600 in Vista, and even at that low ressolution the game is not smooth - same details and shadows, etc in both).

The question (a lil bit off-topic, sorry) is: If i install a game (like Assassins Creed) on XP (wich runs DX9), should i install it as well on Vista (DX10)? in other games i can still play with the game installed on just one OS.

If so, can it be installed in the same folder? (i have 3 partitions, 1 for XP, another for Vista, and another for games, movies, photos, etc).

The driver or because the win update the card (m8600gt) downclocks only ones to 275/200 from 475/400

It downclocks ones more with prev. drivers. Temps the same about but since notebook powersaving doesn't hurt.

Well previous drivers sux too because it downclocks in a few games that doesn't use 100% cpu. (older games)

It wouldn't hurt to get power back to gpu clock rates by just a button.

Hi all,

I am running a n Alienware M9750 upgraded with 2 nVidia 8600GT cards. I am having MAJOR issues with these cards while running World of Warcraft. I run my system with an external monitor. These drivers seemed to run super with my system, but then WoW started freezing...I was unable to unlock it, I had to turn the system off and back on again. Any idea if this is a driver issue or a WoW issue?

Any info is appreciated,

BJR

These drivers almost fried my GPU, the temp hit bloody 120C

reverting back to previous drivers.

You should of checked it, I was playing starcraft, and the screen went mad. Couldn't read anything, it was pixelated like mad. I don't recommend these drivers.

^Wow, 120C? Probably the highest temp reading i've ever seen. Your computer is supposed to restart long before that temp though. Granted that some drivers do run hotter than others, but I have never seen a drvier that produces temps the likes of which even within 20C of what you are getting. And the older drivers run much cooler, correct?

^Wow, 120C? Probably the highest temp reading i've ever seen. Your computer is supposed to restart long before that temp though. Granted that some drivers do run hotter than others, but I have never seen a drvier that produces temps the likes of which even within 20C of what you are getting. And the older drivers run much cooler, correct?

Yeah, this is the first driver, that has ever done that, yes granted that I have a Acer 5920G, which naturally the gpu runs hot compared to other laptops.

But still, that was insane, I wish I could of taken a SC of the temp reading.

I reverted back to 177.92, which works great on my laptop,

GPU Idle 52-55C, Load 82-92C

But I am giving my laptop a once over to make sure everything is working right, and nothing burnt out or anything.

Edited by Drekko

Yeah, nvidia 'claims' that their gpu's can withstand 120C. The 177.98 run about 2-3C hotter on my system but that's nothing compared to the temp increase you had.

Poor 2D performance like >177.73 xD

Scroll Lag !

Changed from 174.74 to 177.98 mostly because of Spore SLI problem with previous drivers. Everything runs great, except nVidia Purevideo. That, when enabled crashes whole system into bluescreen. For now I disabled Purevideo and enjoy Spore :)

does it work well on my acer aspire 5920g???

intel core 2 duo T7300(2.0 GHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600M GS

4GB DDR2 RAM

:) :) :P

Guest MegaWang

:) I can confirm that the Digital Vibrance setting does not save after reboot no matter what you do. It somehow saved once as 100% and I have to change it back every time I turn on my computer. :)

will it work well on my acer aspire 5920g???

intel core 2 duo T7300(2.0 GHZ)

NVIDIA GEFORCE 8600M GS

4GB DDR2 RAM

Yes It most likely will work... BTW i had the digital vibrance problem just uninstalled sweeped and installed again and it got fixed just a quick tip.

Does rotate work on an external monitor with these drivers?

The only 158.45 was one of the only drivers that let me rotate an external display on my E1705's 7900gs without causing lots of problems (but still with glitches). There was one other driver that worked but these new ones always revert the setting immediately.